pics of my G scale layout

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cadillac_SD9, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Cadillac_SD9

Cadillac_SD9 Member

Recent pictures of Gold Canyon Railroad preparing for the 2006 Garden Railway Convention.

Attached Files:

2. VERY VEERRRY NICE! Makes me want to go dig my yard up!!!
  3. Cadillac_SD9

Cadillac_SD9 Member

Thanks alot.
  4. Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart New Member

loks so good
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

How long have you been working on it?

Do it all yourself?
  7. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

hmm, i like, tell me more about G scale, and garden trains, have any good links to shop around? i dont know anything about G scale, how big is G scale, can you give me the in" of the engine, so i can get a feel for it, or take a pic with something next to it so i can get the size. im thinking i would like one running around when i get the yard pond made with the fish in it. 2 hobbys in one, fish and trains, got to love it!

i live in iowa, wouls i have to take it down for winter? or would the track be ok out side all year round?
  8. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Nicely done! Your waterfall, stream, and bridge scene is beautiful!
  9. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Awesome! Great pics!:thumb: :thumb:
  10. Steamtom1

Steamtom1 Member

G gauge track is 45 mm between the rails, vs. 32 mm for O gauge.

Scale is a function of what you are modelling. On G gauge track, if you crunch the numbers, standard gauge is 1:32; U.S. narrow gauge, (3 foot), is 1:20.3; Euopean meter gauge is 1:22.2.

Here is a picture of some late night silliness, a European narrow gauge steam tram pulling a rake of standard gauge coaches, all on G gauge track.

As far as bringing track in for the winter, it is not necessary. Track is solid, usually brass, but sometimes aluminum or nickel-silver. You may need to clean the track surface for electrical conductivity if you are running track power, v.s battery power or live steam.
  11. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's a great Garden Railwway :D :D Nice stuff :)
  12. Cadillac_SD9

Cadillac_SD9 Member

What a great way to explain it.