Pics of Garahbara IV

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Woodie, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

A short haul freight passes the yards at Garahbara

Attached Files:

2. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Garahbara Sheds

Garahbara engine shed and yards.

Attached Files:

3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great Stuff Woodie!!!! :) :) :)
  4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Excellent job Woodie!!
    Everything looks great! The rolling stock, the track, fantastic scenery!
    Keep it up! You're inspiring me to get busy on my layout!
    I hope to have some new pics in the next couple of days.
  5. Partsman

Partsman Member

Woodie! This is magnificent modeling. Thanks for the insights.:eek:
  6. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Brilliant photo's Woodie, keep um coming.

7. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Great photos, Woodie! I was looking at that engine shed on this post and noticed the fan above the door. That's so cool!!!

8. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Engine Shed

The engine shed is actually a British kit. I just "Aussie-ised" it with appropriate colours, and the early railway architecture in Aus was similar. Shamus et el should recognise it. The kit has been around for at least 35 years. My dad made one for me as a child 35 years ago. There is also a water tower, a footbridge, a dutch windmill, platform kiosk and a few others you can still buy 35 years later! :eek:
  9. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Speaking of the scenery...
    Where'd ya' get the autos? Wouldn't mind some of those myself. If I sent along some "Americak Green?" Could ya' send back some cars? Or info on where to get'em. Thanks bunchs, good ta see your health is up. :D

10. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

The cars

The cars are models of Australian cars typical of my prototype era. The one parked at the pub is a 1972 HQ Holden Ute. Typical of the car parked in front of country pubs (farmers). In the kanoodling carpark is a 1972 HQ Holden sedan (white sedan). Everyone had one in those days. Along with a 1962 FB Holden sedan (maroon and white) and a black 1957 Ford Customline. They are diecast steel in HO scale and retail for about $6 US each, due to limited production quantities, and of course limited demand in a small pop country such as Australia. The prototype of these cars were Australian made and designed and produced and sold nowhere else in the world. I got them from Trainworld in Melbourne when visiting there a few months ago. I cannot recall the manufacturer but I will do some research.
  11. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

12. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

G'Day Mate!!
    Dunny it all!
    Their great... One major problem... Me 'N', them HO. :(
    Thanks for the link though, maybe I'll get a couple to have, maybe use as guides for some plaster make-ups to than use as a mold. Ya... That's the ticket!

Good on ya'
  13. billk

billk Active Member

Hey Woody - Great pix! After (if) I ever get anything to take a picture of I guess a camera will have to come next.

Re: the Holden cars -- I think Holden is (or was) a part of GM, is that right? If so, they could bear a family resemblance to Chevys and all and so might be passably OK on a US RR layout.

14. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Yep. Holdens are wholly owned by GM. Early designs followed US trends, but switched to european look (GM Opel) during the mid 60's then back to US look and feel for the 70's then back to GM Opel since. Holdens are a large car with 3.8 litre V6/5litre V8 engines.
    Pics of old holdens here.

My fav holden? The EH holden built 1964. best car ever built. Would go anywhere.

Attached Files:

15. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

FB Holden

A 1962 FB Holden

Attached Files:

16. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

FJ Holden

The FJ Holden. The first holden ever built. 1948. Built by Holden Motor Company. Years before GM bought Holdens.

Attached Files:

17. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Great looking autos Woodie!
    I see some similarities to U.S. cars.
    The station wagon at the beach resembles one of the last of the Studebakers, made in the early 60's. Anybody remember those? the roof over the cargo bed slid foward, to provide an open bed, like a pick-up. (and they thought SUV's were some NEW idea :D )
    That two-tone beige number (with the happy couple standing in front) definitely has a GM look to it. Are those portholes on the front fender? That was a Buick trademark for years.
    The 1948 model sort of reminds me of a 51 Chevy that my Dad had when I was a kid. Ours was a coupe though. (2-door) What's funny is, at the time that was considered a SMALL car!