Pics from my trip to Calgary

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by grumbeast, Feb 27, 2005.

1. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Hi Everyone,

I've finally gotten my pics from my Feb 14th jaunt around Calgary with CN1 back and scanned. They're low res scans so I could get them in quickly but it works for me for now!

All of the pictures are on my site if you are interested.

Here are some of the highlights.

2. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Some pics

Here are the first few

Attached Files:

3. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

More Pics

Now for some CP

Attached Files:

4. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

And yet more

more..... goody goody pics

Attached Files:

5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Fantastic Graham!!!! :thumb: Looks like you got what you came for, hmm? I really like your photo pix site as well. I'm curious about that white switcher on page 5 - it's the very last pic in your album.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Sure looks cold out there. And flat!!!! :D

6. CN1

CN1 Active Member

WOW! :eek: Graham your pictures turned out great!

VAl this one?

It's an ALCO S-3 with a highly modified exhaust. It's quite recognizeable in the "flesh". No reporting mark, so hard to tell where it comes from.
  7. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Thanks Guys,

As for the little white switcher, I think CN1 has it right, looked like an Alco, I'd love to know the history of this little beast!

I've got some more pics, but I haven't finished the roll of film yet. It includes more streetcars from the C-train and also a bunch of the CPR 4-4-0 outside CP HQ. Interestingly, this 4-4-0 was the last one to run in Canada (or North America I believe) and its from NB, they were the only locomotives light enough to run on the subdivision (I'll look up the details when I get the pics developed).

8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

The photos show just how much you must have enjoyed your railfanning trip Graham
  9. interurban

interurban Active Member

Nice Grum very nice, Thanks for the electric`s.
    You had a ball! :thumb:
    I just had to lighten her a bit, :thumb: :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• pan.jpg
      File size:
      25.1 KB
  10. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

If you'd like better quality scans of the C-train, I can email you the larger files (I normally scan at about 300dpi .. around 3Mb per scan). If you'd reallllly like them, I can do high res scans, but these end up at around 22-25Mb.

11. interurban

interurban Active Member

Thanks Grum, If it`s not a lot of trouble friend.
    I can then do my thing with them
    Nice of you it is, is it now :)
    (Best welsh ;) )
  12. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Graham: The 4-4-0 in Calgary is CPR 29. There were 3 of them running a branch line in New Brunswick until 1959. This one was on a preserved railroad until they had a roundhouse fire; it's been cosmetically restored.
    The others were 136 (now on the South Simcoe; used in the National Dream TV series)
    and 144 at the museum in St Constant.
  13. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

I'll get on it with the scans, the easiest way will be for me to upload them to my fotopic site temporarily for you. I'll let you know when they are up.

Happy St David's day everyone, now there's lovely isn't it?

Thanks for the info on No.29 David, I knew I'd got the details kinda right, I'm looking forward to seeing how those pics turn out.

Cymru am byth!!!!

14. interurban

interurban Active Member

Thanks Graham :wave:
  15. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: