Picky People Part 2

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
Sep 9, 2007
Winnipeg, MB., CANADA
Hi nkp174. Are you going the wire armature route for your figure? I have sculpted some custom figures but mostly in 54mm scale and 120 mm. I had just been wondering to myself about creating a 1:48 th scale master figure for myself and then adding on appropriate clothing (Business suit versus overalls etc.). One way to help keep the proportions of the body parts under control is to draw a frontal view of the figure and transfer it to shim brass. Cut it out and then add your Premo or Fimo or green stuff to bulk it out in the third dimension accordingly. It works especially fine with helping to keep the feet in proportion. Some distortion is necessary or the figure will break at the ankles or wrists. Good luck with sculpting, it can be fun but addictive.
Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
MT

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
Sep 9, 2007
Winnipeg, MB., CANADA
1:50

Doesn't anybody work in 1:50?
There was a US scale 17/64" to the foot on 1 1/4" track; does that work out to one of those values?
Hi 60103. I found at least one more 1;50th scale railway modeller. A chap named Don Sibley in Belgium. He models in 1:50th scale and uses 18mm gauge track. You can see his work at Mick's Roving Reporter Photo Gallery @ Fotopic.Net
his work is a third to halfway down the page for the Oct 2007 ExpoNG Swanley, Kent exhibition.
Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
MT