Pick a color, any color..

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
As things SLOWLY progress on the train room, I have to think about what color I want to paint the walls. The room will serve as a garage/train room, and I am thinking about hanging all of my black and white photos in black frames on the walls. Which color should I paint the walls that the pictures will be on?

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I think I would use a muted off white like an antique white, earth tones, or pastel color that you like. Stay away from any sort of pure white. I think the stark contrast between black framed black & white photos against a bright white background would be too stark. Also stay away from any sort of dark or bright colors. If the wall color disappears, and the focal point of the wall is the photos, it is perfect. If you are not sure what color to settle on, narrow it down to 2 or 3 colors and pick up a quart of each. Paint a 3 foot square section of wall and attach a picture to it to see what looks best. If you get it right, everyone will notice the photos and no one will remember what color the wall is.

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Jan 27, 2007
Paris, ON
Are you going to be looking at the walls over the layout? Is the layout along the walls at any point? Perhaps a blue? Like a sky blue?

jambo101

Feb 14, 2007
Montreal
If your layout is against the wall i would paint it several shades of green where it touches the layout and blue about a foot or two above the green,with white clouds