Pic of pic in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by Goattee, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Goattee

Goattee Member

I took this in a logging camp reconstruction in Minnesota. Thought it may be of intrest to someone doing that part of the contry in winter. Also have a picture of a water sled.

Attached Files:

2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Goattee,
    Thanks for posting that, it looks like a cross between a Porter and a heister cat-mobile.LOL Just gotta make me one of those.

3. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Heck Goatee, that's what we use just to get to work here in Minnesota! :D
  4. Goattee

Goattee Member

What If!

shamus; you ever get that much snow?
    With your layout I would hate to shovel it out!!!
  5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

What an ingenious idea to get those logs out. An old fashioned version of todays log skidders.
  6. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Goatte my friend, I have such a rough underlying terrain that I would need one of those to get my little people to work on time.:D

7. lassenlogger

lassenlogger Member

Most of the pine loggers of the west where from the middlewest, snows different, ice roads just didn't work for westerners mostly.

The Red River Lumber Company was overcome by deep western snow, something they had never faced before.

Mississippi has pine, but no snow! And the trees, pecker poles at best, growing on ground cotten sucked years ago!

Jimmy "B"
    Reno, NV

And Best bought the patten for that tracklayer and then sold it to Holt, then they became CAT.