Photoshop not allowing full usable width

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by garyj36, Jan 4, 2005.

1. garyj36

garyj36 Member

Even though my stock is 8.5 wide. Anything over 7.5 image size says clipping will occur. Any solution?
  2. rowiac

rowiac Member

If you haven't already, try the "Print with Preview" function in the File menu and Photoshop will show what it will print. If the image is a typical card model with a lot of white space around the borders, it may not matter if it gets clipped because nothing would be printed there anyway.

Have you checked the width of the side borders that your printer allows? If it allows larger than 7.5" wide on a letter size sheet you are probably OK. I've ignored the clipping warning in the past and the print has come out just fine.

If the model is designed for A4 size paper, however, you may get clipping at the top and bottom since A4 is slightly longer than letter. I've gotten around that problem by printing the model page twice -- once with the bottom edge clipped and again with the top edge clipped. Between the two prints I had one complete set of parts. I was able to do that by adjusting the Top Position dimension in the Print dialog box.

Try checking the "Center Image" box too. These functions are in Photoshop 7.0 and CS too I think. I can't remember if earlier versions were the same.

3. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

I wonder if this is a printer issue my Photoshop 6.01 will print full 8.5 x 11 on an HP 7660, but only if I tell the printer to print with out boarders/margins. Try checking your printer setup.

Jim Nunn