photobucket bandwidth?

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
wall1

I got a message from photobucket saying my bandwidth is almost used up. They recommend I go pro.

This would be a bad time to get error messages instead of images because I am in the midst of some online auctions!

If I start deleting photos out of all these forums I've be posting in, will that help? I guess I get new live on bandwidth once a month, starting Feb. 11th

EK

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
The month is still young - how many pictures have you posted? :eek::p;):-D:-D:-D Your bandwidth allocation renews with every new month. I've only used 4% of mine, although I use it only for posting on the Model Railroader site, which is not too often. ;):-D

Wayne

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Quite a few, I guess my cycle starts on the 11th of each month. Can I take any corrective action, or do I have to just sweat it out?

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Based on my reading, that sounds about right. It also sounds irreversable, but can I slow the usage???

It's still a little sup:eek:rising, because Photobucket claims to give me 25 gigs of usage per month.

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Ron,

they want 25 per year.

Does anyone know if going back through my old posts and deleting links and images will help alleviate this probelm?

I amazed when I look at my photobucket account options...

Monthly hits >84K !!

Bandwith usage 82% of 25 gig used !!!

I wonder if there is a programming problem?

Thanks for the insight so far, everybody....

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Deleting stuff here wouldn't help much, as it's the pictures of the stuff that you're selling that are getting all the hits. That 18% that's left should get you through to the 11th, but Jeffrey's suggestion is a good one. ;):-D

Wayne

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
How much is PRO is it that bad ? Before you pay for it though compare it to hosting your own site for $30/year + domain name $10/yr

Thread hijack: Ron, where are these numbers from (which provider)? The preschool I am on the board of is looking to set up a website and the costs we've been given are substantially higher.

RonP

Member of the WMRC
Thread hijack: Ron, where are these numbers from (which provider)? The preschool I am on the board of is looking to set up a website and the costs we've been given are substantially higher.

Whats the purpose of your site.
And who will create and update it.

Answer these two questions the right way and it is cheap. Wrong and it costs more.

My email is pare.ron@gmail.com i would be glad to provide you an example. Then you can decide how to tell the board what you think.

You know whats funny is i just bought a domain name and directed it all this morning for my site, this actually takes it offline for 24hrs (it must register to the worlds DNS servers first).Otherwise i would send you a link to the article.

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
I hated the way Photobucket treated me, and since I know how to get image sources, I use:
maj.com

If you use them, to post an image here, you need to click the image thumbnail, then when it loads the image, click the image again, and it'll give you a "deep link" in your URL bar, basicaly you'll only see the image, no page surrounding it. That URL (ending in .jpg or .gif, or whatever you use) is what you'll post in the image tags here.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
For pictures that you wish to post on the Gauge, you can open your own Album in our Gallery (at the top right of any page). There's no limit to the number of photos, and you don't have to re-size them, either, but useage is restricted to posting on the Forums of Zealot only.

Wayne

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
All I know is...

...I get get ascared when men start talking about their cycles and when they cycle 'cause the next thing you know- they all start cycling the same time period the more they talk about it.

Anonymous.

:p