photo of work in progress

jsoflo

Feb 16, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
a photo from my shelf layout in progress, I'm still learning this photo stuff!

Attachments

• web8.jpg
    web8.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 311
  • web7.jpg
    web7.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 312
  • trains2 001.jpg
    trains2 001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 312
  • web10.jpg
    web10.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 309

jsoflo

Feb 16, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
progress

that funky looking area next to the railgon gondolas in photo 3 is where I'll be putting the Franklin bridge overpass when its done- I'm building from styrene now.

Also, I guess with these pix, less closeups?

70Runner

jsoflo,
I'll guess that you are using the flash on your camera? Try a fixed light source, like a halogen lamp or a regular lightbulb is better than the flash on the camera. Trick is to get some light on the subject.:thumb:
BTW. Looks like you got some great stuff going there! Keep up the good work.

jsoflo

Feb 16, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks everyone! As for more photos, they ended up in another post I did "progress photos" somehow.

As for my layout, this is an around the room shelf layout with 3 sides of track laying complete.

My layout is meant to represent Canadian Pacific operations on the D&H from Philadelphia to Reading Pennsylvania as well as some limited Norfolk Southern and CSX action. The Soo GP35 in the photo is assigned as a local switcher that I plan to use for an industrial area still in the planning stages for a somewhat fictionalized Pottstown, Pennsylvania. In the meantime it is subbing for my CP GP38 (that I am still custom painting), at the port of Philadelphia and along the Deleware avenue industries. The building behind the Soo GP35 is meant to be Slater Steel at the port of Philly, it takes delivery of plate and coil steel and ships out cut steel and girders. The blue wharehouse is attached to the pier 73 building and is a freight transfer and loading facility, servicing mostly box cars. The two buildings (one with smokestack) at the turn on the other side are Kaevner shipbuilding (stay tuned for a new addition building) and take flats and gondolas of steel and box cars of materials. At the other end of the shelf (opposite curve) is the Philly highline viaduct which stands above the port of Philadelphia intermodal loading facility, sorting yard, and rail entrance to pier 73 and Slater.

Still to come: at the end of the "highline" the single track main rolls behind a bookshelf and emerges into Pottstown, where an industrial line splits off that will someday join a modular heavy industry area. For the time being the mainline rolls past a moving comp. wharehouse, an old unused spur and the closed Pottstown passenger station (whose spur is now used to hold waiting freight cars.
After Pottstown the track turns to the east wall which was all modular and that I am redisgning still modular but much larger to hold one of the Reading yards and a split off to join a future module of the Reading and blue mountain northern line towards Scranton.

we'll see how it turns out!:D

jsoflo

Feb 16, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks everyone!

As for the crane, FEC has a bunch of them down here and wow do those things get dirty! Hardly a spot of yellow on em'