photo of my layout

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
when do you need a big bridge

here's a scrach built bridge made out of old flex track i had it is about 22 inches long and about 2 1/2 inches wide and 2 3/4 high it's in n scale and it's about 95% done :p

Attachments

• my layout 1.jpg
    my layout 1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 338

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I see you're going BigTime on that bridge Scooby,
When you get the angled trusses fitted it should take about a 160 lbs without bending. Has to be all of 4 SD40-2's on the point. Well done.

Errol

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
the soon to be north yard

this is a shot of the north yard it's still in the works the switch on the left i am taking out to open it up for the turn table i got the other day. the yard is about 2 inches below the main line and it shows the run around track to the right of the yard and their is a tunnel on the lower left that leads to the yard it self .... (that ugly card board is getting taken out and the hole is getting coverd)

Attachments

• my layout 10.jpg
    my layout 10.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 272

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
beleave it or not the whole layout is only 6 x 6 but it is getting the south yard to the back right of the layout with would be 3x 5 when it is done and the two main lines would also run though the add on that

Attachments

• my layout 8.jpg
    my layout 8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 244

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
here's a shot of the soon to be deck bridge it will be 12 inches long and it is a dubble track...... and all the ground cover is made out of saw dust that i will paint hunter green when it is all in place.. tha shot sucks hard to see the tunnel walls are made out of some of that wood puty it looks real good when painted...

Attachments

• my layout 7.jpg
    my layout 7.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 239

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
yes i'm getting down to work on it and it is starting to take a life of it's own i knew all that art school would come in handy some day dut not in this way i got a letter a while back from disney to go work for them but i truned it down i but want to get paid to do art and i cant see my self sitting a desk all day long so i'm putting it to work in my hobby now i would love to get paid to do my hobby.. as for running them gose i'm from a long line of the rail road my dad works for csx my granfather works for n/s and my older brother works for cp and i went to school for n/s my self
i'm in the middle of thinking of making more things move on the layout more than just the train's ( the cars, pepole, ect... )... but when it come to detail it has to be just right or it won't go.... well when i get some more pics i'll post them.... open to any and all input