Photo merging

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Here's two photo's merged together the sky and trees from one photo and the other my Badger Creek Model.

Attachments

• 2pics.jpg
    2pics.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 133

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
You know what Shamus? ..... The satisfaction of producing a picture as perfect as yours must be terrific. You've got the tonal range and intensities just right. Not to mention the detail in the foreground. I'm trying to figure what you used for those shrub bushes too. It's a hot dang (as they "over there") photograph.

It can almost become a hobby in itself when you consider the immense amount of suitable pictures in calanders as backgrounds.

I was looking for the haze around the outline of the locos not to look for defects in the merging but wondering how the division of the two was so crisp.

Errol

bobrien

Feb 15, 2002
Waiuku,New Zealand
Visit site
Shamus, as a 'learner' I look at everything you do with absolute awe and amazement and think that you could not possible surprise me anymore.
But this photo is just awesome.
You provide such a HUGE inspiration to everyone I am sure, no matter at what level their modelling skills - to say nothing of the photographic talent required.
Don't stop !

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
ABSOLUTLY AWSOME!!!!!......THE LIGHTING HIGHLIGHTS ON THE BACKGROUND TREES BLOWS MY MIND. HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO GET TO SIT AT THE FEET OF THE MASTER OF MODEL RR PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!:D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Guys, thanks for the kind remarks.

planeshavings42,

If you checkout my website and go to Autobiography, you will get a better insight to my working life, as I was a professional photographer working for various newspapers as a freelance photo journalist.