Photo Fun Week of April 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessie4155

I guess I get to start this week off.
Here's a L&N Local that has just arrived.The crew is in the depot to get more orders, while commuters are waiting for their train.
HPIM9745.jpg

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Incredible shot chessie,nice lookin loco ya got there :thumb: !
Nice hobo tom,very funny! personally you would find me in the bud car! :D --josh

UP SD40-2

Mark, GREAT SHOT!:thumb:, to start out this weeks thread:D.

Tom, VERY NICE SHOTS!:thumb: i really like your "Chief" reefer:thumb:.

Josh, looks like your making GREAT PROGRESS!:thumb:

Worked on dads layout today:thumb:. dad made up 15 trees, i made up(about a month ago)10 evergreens, so i took them and started the forest on top of the mountain in the corner of the layout. Dad made a REAL NICE brick walkway for the depot and installed it:thumb:. neither of us finished our projects, we have tons more foliage to put in, and dad wants to add two lamp posts to the walkway:).

PICS BELOW:
1- MY big steam Bad Boys on dads layout:D(Big Boy, 1 of 2 of my Challengers, and cab forward).
2- this shot shows the walkway dad(rrol61) made and installed today:thumb:.
3- my cab forward rolling through the area i worked on today:thumb:.
4- my Big Boy rolling through the same area:thumb:.
5- the Forrest area i started today...i see i need to straighten out some trees:eek:ops:.

GREAT PICS FOLKS!:thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING!:D -Deano View attachment 36707 View attachment 36708 View attachment 36709 View attachment 36710 View attachment 36711

Attachments

• bad boys.JPG
    bad boys.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 172
  • dwalk.JPG
    dwalk.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 165
  • cab forward.JPG
    cab forward.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 167
  • bb2.JPG
    bb2.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 165
  • forrest.JPG
    forrest.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 166

Nazgul

Mark...that is a great scene!!!....as usual!
Tom....Love those cars and that last pic especially!
Josh...where are you sleeping these days?....cuz you can't still have room for a bed anymore!.......LOL!
Deano...that new cab forward is spectacular!!

Looks like your Dad did a great job on that walkway! (way to go, rrol61) !!!

jawdrop That corner of the layout looks AWESOME!!!
and it's not even finished yet????.....the ground cover and trees look great.........but those rocks blow me away..........you've been holding out me:curse: :D

GREAT JOB,my friend

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Nazgul said:
Josh...where are you sleeping these days?....cuz you can't still have room for a bed anymore!.......LOL!

sign1 Under the layout, that is soon to change again tho cause the steel mill is gonna be under there. Maybe the computer desk will be my next sleeping spot sign1 sign1

BTW, thanks Deano for the compliment :D :D

cnw1961

Chessie, very nice shots. I especially like the first one – great scene :thumb: .
Tom, beautiful reefers :wave: .
Josh, you’ve got a great collection of trucks. I wonder if there will be still some space left for trains on your layout :D .
Deano, I concurwith Steve. That corner of your dad’s layout and the rocks löök awesome. Your new Cad Forward looks really strange – I LOVE IT :) .

One more shot of my pawn shop and the hotel from me. I have to do some work on my layout to get some new scenes to take pictures of :eek:ops:

pawn2.jpg

Straycat

cnw1961 said:
Chessie, very nice shots. I especially like the first one – great scene :thumb: .
Tom, beautiful reefers :wave: .
Josh, you’ve got a great collection of trucks. I wonder if there will be still some space left for trains on your layout :D .
Deano, I concurwith Steve. That corner of your dad’s layout and the rocks löök awesome. Your new Cad Forward looks really strange – I LOVE IT :) .

One more shot of my pawn shop and the hotel from me. I have to do some work on my layout to get some new scenes to take pictures of :eek:ops:

View attachment 36742
Nice billboard :thumb:

I have to do some work on my layout to get some new scenes to take pictures of
redface2.gif

Naw, Kurt, speaking for myself, I can enjoy again and again looking at the pictures of what you've done so far. Not that I'm discouraging any other modeling...I think we'd all like to see that!

UP SD40-2

Steve, Kurt and Dick, THANK YOU guys:wave:, for the VERY KIND words:).

Steve, scenery complements coming from YOU means a lot, THANKS!:D

Kurt, i too, will NEVER get tired of pics off YOUR layout;).(so keep posting them:D)

Dick, your right, the cab forward IS an Intermountain:thumb:. couple things about this engine;
1- they recommend AT LEAST 24R curves to run it on...they are not kidding. unlike Atherans Challengers and Big Boys, Intermountains cab forward is made PROTOTYPICALLY, what i mean is, in real life the articulated engines first set(closest to the cab) of drivers were stationary, and the second set would swivel, Intermountains cab forward is set up like that, Atherans articulated engines are not, BOTH sets of drivers on them swivel, making them more forgivable on 22R curves. the cab forward runs good on dads layout except in two spots, as you go into the largest town on his layout, and as you leave it, the curves are just a little to sharp for this engine and it jumps the track:eek::(. not a big deal, in just over a year my son and i will be moving from my small apartment and i have plans for an "around the room" layout with 30-32R curves:thumb:.
2- this engine is HEAVY and geared REAL LOW, i am guessing it will pull quite a few cars even though it doesn't have any rubber on its drivers. i spent about an hour on the CV's adjusting the speed curve to get maximum speed, though i got it to run faster, you sure wouldn't use this engine for "fast freight"tooth1.

Considering the small amount of time i have spent with this engine:eek:ops:(about 3hours total running time)i feel for $224.00 Intermountains DC "DCC READY" cab forward is an EXCELLENT ENGINE:thumb:. an engine such as this for that price is a FANTSTIC DEAL!:thumb: KEY NOTES: minimum radius 24R, it has STUPENDOUS DETAILING, and putting a regular OR sound decoder in it is VERY EASY:thumb:, it will take about 6mins, if it takes you longer, well,...thats your faulttooth1.

announce1 KEEP THOSE PIC's COMING FOLKS!:D -Deano

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
chessie4155 said:
That's Sam, the Fire Chief. He's just checking out his new Binoculars...:D

chessie4155, no need to make excuses for your figures' behaviour, maybe he is a train spotter too, or maybe he's just looking at that pretty girl down the street. :D :D :D

brakie

Great photos every one and like always thanks for sharing.
Here is some of my finish projects.
A BB BNFE reefer kit.
100_0976.jpg

Then a Chooch coil steel wire load in a MDC Railgon.I had to cut the load to fit..Not a simple job.Then I painted the load Poly Scale"Old Silver".
100_0979_edited.jpg

Then Athearn steel coils riding a old Walthers coil car built from a kit.
100_0978_edited.jpg

Then a Walther yard office kit.I painted the building Poly S MOW Gray and the roof is painted weathered black.
100_0981.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.