Photo Fun Week of 5/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1961

So it’s me to start this week off with a picture of my Baldwin picking up a reefer at the cold storage.

pf6.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Nice photos guys!

Here's one of the F units that heads up trains on my early 1970's Penn Central layout.

Attachments

• 5-6-2007-24.jpg
    5-6-2007-24.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 14

CNJ999

Here's one from me for this weekend's Photo Fun. It depicts a rural portion of the layout, showing Hudson Highlands #900, with a long freight drag in tow, approaching the bridge over the Black River.

sladejunction001a.jpg

CNJ999

N

nachoman

holy cow kurt. I may as well not even post a photo this week. Nobody will ever get past the first page to see what else is in this thread!!

kevin

UP SD40-2

Something a little different...

Kurt, WOW!:eeki: "SLAP" AWESOME shot to start this weeks Photo Fun thread out:up: . your a tough act to follow;).:)

Mark, GREAT SHOT!:up: i REALLY like that bridge:up: .

Ralph, NICE SHOT of that F unit:up:, can you tell me more, or better yet, post a pic of the Kingsport & Western engine i see off to the side of the F unit in that pic:) .

CNJ999, FANTASTIC PIC!!!:up: your layout looks GREAT, and i like how you always add the smoke in your pics:up: .

Well, i have decided to go with something a little different this week;) . I know, you folks are thinking "Deano, you eat, sleep, drink and breath Union Pacific, whats up with the WSOR pics?" :confused: Well, i have 2 favorite short lines, GBW and WSOR, so i decided to post some shots I TOOK a few weeks ago at WSOR's roundhouse(was the Milwaukee Roads roundhouse)in Janesville WI:up: . it was cloudy at times, so some of the pics are not that great(sorry):( . :mrgreen: -Deano
4025.jpg
3801.jpg
2055.jpg
4009.jpg
4051.jpg
com.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
More and more great pics! Dean, the KP&W unit is an SD9 purchased from the Pennsey before the PC merger. Here is a fuzzy pic. They did a quick paint over and didn't even bother covering the keystone herald. :)

ThoseWisconsin Southern units have such an attractive look to them. I really like that "25 years of safety" scheme!
Ralph

Attachments

• 5-6-2007-19.jpg
    5-6-2007-19.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 23

UP SD40-2

Josh:wav:, NICE GP38-2!:up:

Ralph:wav:, THANK YOU!, for posting a pic of that GREAT looking SD9, and giving the info on it:up: . though i REALLY LIKE your KP&W colors, i gotta tell you, i think i like the SD9 the best;) , it really has that used look to it, and it makes sense that they might not have painted the unit yet:up: .

Went to dads today:mrgreen: , WOW:eeki: , I cant believe how much he has been doing on the layout over the last couple weeks:up: . all the pics below(except the last one) were areas done 100% by the "Chairman of the Board"...my dad:mrgreen: . in the shots showing the station platform dad made, thats MY Zephyr:mrgreen: (that engine runs as good as it looks too:up: ). The very last pic is of the campground area done by me;) . i took TONS more pics of the campground, but sadly only one came out good enough for me to post:( .

GREAT PICS FOLKS!:up: KEEP 'EM COMING!:mrgreen: -Deano
DSC06582.jpg
DSC06589.jpg
DSC06743.jpg
DSC06755.jpg
DSC06821.jpg
DSC06838.jpg
camp.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Kurt
Awesome scene! The loco and reefer look great!

Chessie4155
Great scene with the bridge!

Ralph
Cool looking loco!

CNJ999
Wow! Awesome shot!

Deano
Great proto shots!

Josh
Great lookinh loco!

Ralph
Cool looking loco! Looks like it has seen a few years!

Deano
That is a whole bunch of great scenes!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Here is a quick shot of what I am working on for a video and photo session.

PC_Drexel_Ridge_001a.jpg

PC_Drexel_Ridge_002a.jpg

Atlas Penn Central RS-11

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
AWESOME pics guys, been a while since I last participated in the "photo fun" threads. Ill be sure to get some pics in this thread!!

Deano,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your dads layout gets better and better and I keep seeing more new and exiting scenes!!! You guys are doing such an AWESOME and AMAZING job, keep it up guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

chessie4155

Excellent fotos this week guys! Keep em comin!!
Ralph: Cool lookin shot of that F unit.
CNJ999: OH MY GOODNESS! absolutely beautiful picture.
Deano: Cool shots of those SD units: What is the 3rd pic? SD26?
Ralph: Nice shot of that SD9. Excellent weathering job.
Deano: Your Dads layout is really coming along nicely. The Zephyer is awsum!
Tom: Sweeet lookin Alcos. lookin forward to the video..
Brakie: Cool lookin engines. Nice paint scheme.

In keeping with the mini Penn Central theme that seems to be goin on, here's local 7155 departing Foster Yard.
HPIM0352Large.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Ok, I said I would post some pics earlyer so here they are.

More shots of my kitbashed Rolling Mills I just did. I bought 2 Walthers Rolling Mills in N scale and bashed them together to make one LONG buildiing to go on my N Steel Mill Module.

Mill_Overview.jpg

Overall view of the Mill

Mill_Overview_3.jpg

Ground Floor shot of the Mill, she is 23" long!!!! and that is N scale!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mill_Supports.jpg

View down the outside of the supports

View_Thru_Right_Door.jpg

View from just inside the Right Door (don't mind the hose in the backround lol)

View_Thru_Center_Door.jpg

View from the Center Door. I want to add 2 heavy duty overhead cranes in there on the crane rails but im not sure if I will do that yet.

View_Thru_Left_Door.jpg

View from just inside the Left Door

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Josh,

A while ago we had a photo contest that had a "real or model?" theme that left members trying to guess if the shot was a prototype pic or from a layout. Your internal shots of that mill would have us going, especially if you changed them to black and white! Great structure!

Gotta say I'm liking this PC theme! Chessie4155, I am loving that cabin car!

C

Catt

Michigan weather is just a bit rough on loco motive paint jobs. :mrgreen:

con-5.jpg

cnw1961

Mark, it’s amazing how many great shots you post every week. That bridge is awesome.
Ralph, nice F unit. Looks like it has been working hard for a some years.
CNJ999, your scenery is breathtaking.
Deano, did that movie remind you of these WSOR pictures? Great shots. And I love the scenes on your dad’s layout. Honest Larry’s ..... sign1
Josh, beautiful engine.
Tom, it’s a pity that I cannot run RS-11s on my layout – great engines.
Brakie, simple but beautiful paint scheme. I especially love the MP-15s.
Josh, WOW,awesome kit bashing. I concur with Ralph. If the pics were in black and white, you could hardly tell if it was the real thing or not.

I’ve been playing around a bit with my camera and this night shot is one of the results.

night1.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Josh,

A while ago we had a photo contest that had a "real or model?" theme that left members trying to guess if the shot was a prototype pic or from a layout. Your internal shots of that mill would have us going, especially if you changed them to black and white! Great structure!

Thanks so much Ralph and Kurt :mrgreen: :-D :mrgreen:

That would have been pretty cool to enter in a contest like that. Maybe we should do another contest like that :mrgreen: lol im gonna post a black and white pic just for the heck of it :mrgreen:

Kurt!!!!!!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! That is an AMAZING SHOT, now that is a shot that I had to take a second look at because I was not sure if it was real or not!!!! FANTASIC shot!! I want to do some nite shots like that, guess I need to get some lights on my layout first lol

Catt, that CR loco looks great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.