Photo Fun Week of 4/28/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbaakko

I say, Bring it on! GN F3's are done. Kato N scale F3 A/B sets painted for GN in the blue scheme, custom work for a friend.
gnf3a_01.jpg

gnf3b_02.jpg

gnfs_01.jpg

gnfs_02.jpg

rogerw

Ok trying to post using photobucket. Lets see if it works.
I picked these wagons up while I was working in germany back in early 90's

chessie4155

Caught some action this afternoon over at Scottsburg, and no ,I'm not standing on the tracks...;o) knda looks that way though.
33.jpg

Herc Driver

Power Lunch at Norfolk Southern

An EMD SD70M (just out of the shot) led this GP38-2 and GP-50 getting back to the main road. Just prior to their visit was this Conrail Dash 8-40 taking on fuel after quick maintenance.

BTW - This week's pictures rock...great pictures everyone!

Attachments

• Copy of P5010287.JPG
    Copy of P5010287.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 22
  • Copy of P4160255.JPG
    Copy of P4160255.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Copy of P4160257.JPG
    Copy of P4160257.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Copy of P4160250.JPG
    Copy of P4160250.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 20

Herc Driver

Picture test...

I don't know why those posted as thumbnails...they're the right size (for the old "gauge" standards)...lemme try one more shot and see if it posts correctly. I tried to read up on posting pictures but it wouldn't load the right link - I just went right back to the main page.

Here's a quick shot of an SD70M Norfolk Southern.

Change 1...I think my problem is they're saved as 640x480 instead of 620...I'll fix it. But how do others get their pictures to post so large showing more detail?
Change 2...Ok, now I'm confused. I saved it as a jpeg and changed the size to 620, but can't limit the file size to 19kb...Adobe Photoshop won't even go that low, it stops about 40Kb. The old guage used to allow files up to 69Kb or so, how are you guys posting pictures that large and still stay under the file size contraints?

Attachments

• Copy of P5010299.JPG
    Copy of P5010299.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 12

chessie4155

Herc: Go to Photobucket.com, join up, and post your pics there, then you copy the IMG code and paste in your thread here.
Mark

Kanawha

eigthyeightfan1, I love that graffitti on the fence. Nice touch. cn nutbar, where do you get your detail parts from? Those steamers look amazing.

cn nutbar

hello all---nice pictures everyone---thanks for sharing---kanawha,thanks for the compliments on the steamers---i can't take any credit for the detailing,they came "as is" from the manufactures---#3254 is a brass import from overland models,#81 is from pacific fast mail,and #3239 is a scratch-built model that was modified by doctor wayne---i'd like to post some more pictures,but i'm still waiting for the gallery to return---in the meantime,i'm enjoying everyone else's contributions---thanks again

Travellar

well, I haven't got any pics to post here, but I'm getting a real good idea what I need to do with my layout from some of yours.

-Backdrops (so I don't have doors/windows/light switches in the skyline)
-detail at tunnel entrances
-Lighting (Herc Driver, your pics showed me why I need to do that, WOW!)
-weathering. (UP-SD40-2, WOW!)

Just how in the world do you guys get such good weathering on your pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.