Photo Fun 7-25-08

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
GREAT START TO THIS WEEKS THREAD FOLKS!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Charlie, THANK YOU for posting that pic:thumb::mrgreen: . i dont have a match to it, the closest i can come to it is this SD20, i took this pic two weeks ago...
DSC00388.JPG

...and this shot i took of it a couple months ago:mrgreen: .
o1.JPG

N

nachoman

The crew of the KP&W switcher job like stopping off at Dave's for lunch.

Ralph

Fantastic, Ralph!

And jeffrey - good job on that baggage car! But you need to run those boxcars more - because moss is starting to grow on the roof!

N

nachoman

here is my first attempt at a dual-gauge switch. If this one works okay, I only have two more to build!

Kevin

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 12

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Worth posting again Ed! I like the concept!

Meanwhile...the crew has finished up lunch at Dave's diner and starts picking up tankers at my, as yet unnamed, riverside rail/barge oil transfer industry.

IMG_0299.jpg

Ralph

N

nachoman

Ralph, your photos lately have been excellent.

Charlie -

From my tests pushing test trucks through it, it works great. I still need to make a throwbar. I have made turnouts before using Stephen Hatch's methods. For this one, I used a diagram I found on the fast tracks' website, combined it with Stephen Hatch's techniques, and then built it piece-by-piece. Buying a jig from fast tracks would not pay off since I only need three.

Kevin

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
looks like 1 exhaust stack, I think.
Right now, my dad's friend is using his ebay account and bidding on an item for me (I've got the money to pay him if we win). it's an atlas classic GP35 in NW paint.
Here's the ebay pick:
8cbc_1.JPG

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
In keeping with CDOT standard, by naming thier commuter cars after places and famous historical personalities here in Connecticut, I gave my bicycle car a name.

Since this car is going to assigned to The Litchfield Hills commuter train, and use trackage rights on my Central New England, naming it Egbert Butler was fitting.

A short history lesson.
Egbert Butler, proposed, secured monies and started to build the real CNE(Connecticut and Western). He died before its completion.

Attachments

• cdot3.jpg
    cdot3.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 9

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Neat idea Ed! Looks good! Is that orange stripe painted on or a decal? I forget the brand of decal paper you use. I do recall that you've reported a lot of success with it.

Ralph

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
Here's what I've been up to the past few weeks:
roundy-rounder moutain layout:
IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

The mountains are made w/ pink foam, blue foam, and styrofoam glued together w/ hot glue. The foam will be covered w/ plaster cloth.
And here's the prototype of my the yard I'll be putting in on my big layout:
IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

Since this will only be servicing 2 locomotives on my next layout, I moved locomotive servicing to the other end of the A/D track and put it on one long track (an H-15-44 and a medium road switcher can't use a whole lot of fuel, right?). The gP30 is parked in what was locomotive servicing. I've almost finished ballasting, and still have to wire it (atlas terminal rail joiners).
And right now I'm bidding on a GP35 on ebay. if I lose it (and I'm not opursuing it that hard), I'll get some plaster cloth and terminal rail joiners for my current layouts.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Thanks Ralph. I usually use the Vita-Cal paper, but I can't take the credit for the stripe, or the symbols. They all come from Micro-Scale Connecticut Department of Transportation set(87-930), and were originally designed for the Walthers Horizon commuter cars, of which I have two. CDOT Horizon cars were'nt offered by Walthers when I bought them, so I had to paint and decal them myself(using the above set). Three months later, Walthers released the CDOT Horizon cars.

The Micro-Scale set includes the stripes, Connecticut's state seal, Metro North, and CDOT Railway placards, as well as pre-printed place names and historical Connecticut personalities.
Egbert Butler was "diced and spliced" using the letters.