Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
P1010005-34.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Dave's Diner is popular among the locals and train crews. That promise of "Oatmeal on demand" is a private joke on my friend for whom the diner is named. I like adding personal references to structures friends will see.
IMG_0085.jpg

Ralph

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
A bit of progress...

Sorry I haven't posted any pictures lately...as you can see...I've been busy. This new shelf layout is far from done (still in the track-testing phase) but here's the idea I'm building on so far. Two towns located at each end of the dogbone curves, yard in the middle dividing the two, with a passenger station for Amtrak and NS excursion service. The extended yard to the west of the main yard is for the engine service area (as well as additional staging parking) that will be full operation when the layout goes DCC in the future.

Attachments

• Copy of P5310280.JPG
    Copy of P5310280.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Copy of P5310285.JPG
    Copy of P5310285.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 9
Oct 11, 2004
New York. Oneida
jeez kyle if them tank cars leaked like that now days and at the prices you bet that car would be in the shop!! very nice touch and great pics to start with every one:thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
An early merger shot. A Penn Central F7 followed by a GP20 still in NYC livery crosses a Pennsy bridge over a canal near the Van Pelt Ave. lift bridge.

IMG_0091.jpg

Ralph

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Great pictures this week. Like that tank car, looks real. Herc Driver, how long is that layout. Should make for some interesting operation. Nothing to post just now, but still looking.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ralph: Cool shot! Your new camera takes great pics!

Thanks! I'm very happy with the new camera. I needed to learn from trial and error to turn off the flash to get better pictures of the layout. Its nice to finally see a photo that looks like the layout as I see it. :)

Here's an update on that fuel barge for my riverside oil company. I've added hand railing made of thin wire stock and thread, and an American flag at the stearn. I still want to add a hose leading from that outlet by the bow of the barge to the barge itself.

IMG_0086.jpg

Ralph

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
I made a leaky tank car....

bt2.jpg

CHEERS!

jeez kyle if them tank cars leaked like that now days and at the prices you bet that car would be in the shop!! very nice touch and great pics to start with every one:thumb:

If it wasn't in the shop there'd be people runnin'' alongside with buckets to catch the drippings. sign1 Enjoying all of the pictures. :thumb: :thumb:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Great pics everyone.
Ralph, that new camera sure takes some nice pics, not that the old one was bad.

Yesterday, went and stimulated the economy of my favorite LHS. Got some cork(a whole box actually), Code 83 Flex Track and some turnouts.
Worked all afternoon and well into the night laying cork and flex track(No AC in the attic.....Man was it HOT!)
Finished the yard. Now I have a place to put all my rolling stock....instead of the mainline.

The track next to the deep wells is the mainline, to the left of that are two storage tracks, and the one farthest to the left is a stub end.

Taking out the partition was the best move I ever made. Why didn't I do that seven years ago?

Attachments

• yard work.jpg
    yard work.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 10
  • yard work2.jpg
    yard work2.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 9

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org