Photo Fun 5-23-08

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spankybird, May 23, 2008.

1. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

I forgot, congrats for your purchase shaygetz, it is very impressive. I hope it runs well.
  2. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good idea Ralph. Now I know what to do with those old resistors I have laying around.

I've been doing some work on the park today. The glue is still wet.

3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Thanks, guys. It is an AHM/Rivarossi from about 1972, number 3 in my quest for all 4 articulateds that they put out. Still on the hunt for their 4-6-6-4 Challenger from about the same time:thumb:

Nice work on that park Jeff...:thumb:
  4. tomkat13

tomkat13 Member

Layout update

Not much new on the first section of the shelf layout. All the buildings on the mill siding must be raised up so the track side doors & docks match up to the boxcar doors. Also need to finish the truck-side dock, inside flooring, ect on the metal works building. The the Roads, parking lots, & other scenery after that.
    Any help or Ideas,.....Comments....And/ Or Questions feel free to ask. I'm always ready to learn more.

My new layout, (#4), a bridge-line used by the CB&Q & MKT that takes place in Eastern Missouri, will connect the CB&Q near hi-way 79 at Old Monroe Mo., then west to Hawk Point Mo. then south along hi-way 47 across the old Wabash / Norfolk & Western RR line near Warrenton Mo. thru Missouri Wine Country to connect with MKT near hi-way 94 near Marthasville Mo. . Since this is "my" railroad most places will have the "flavor" of this area but may not be perfect to the prototype. Time will be pre Burlington Northern (1970).
    The things that will be different on this layout:
    #1 This will be a point to point RR built on Hollow-core doors along two walls, so it will be in sections.
    #2 It's going to be less track, no yard, no switch machines, open staging, & simple engine service area.
    #3 Just a few small towns with one or two sidings.
    #4 More open scenery between towns.
    #5 Interchange with RR on each end.
    #6 Keep everything simple so I can spend more time running then repairing!
  5. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

I think that if you check out some of the electronic supply houses you might find some small enough. Look for 1/16 watt or smaller.
  6. jeffrey-wimberl

7. brakie

brakie Active Member

Jrff,.I think I saw that boxcar yesterday on the NS with a tad more filth...Good job.

Here's a look see at my 2 N Scale C&O RS1s.

8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I think it looks great and you're well on your way to your desired effect.:thumb:

My one point to make would be not to put too much confidence in those doors unless they're of real good quality. I suggest supporting them at least every 24" as well as from front to back because they will sag over time. I've worked with them often over the years and I've actually seen them warp right in the jams, with no real explanation to be found.
  9. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Old Yard Tower:

10. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

Nicely detailed and weathered yard tower chessie4155

11. jeffrey-wimberl

I've been busy on the centerpiece for the park and I must say it's a thing of beauty. The old K4 has been cleaned up and has had a cosmetic restoration. It doesn't look like the same locomotive.

12. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

REAL NICE Jeffrey:thumb: , i was hoping you wouldn't make it a rust bucket sitting in the park, i see just very slight signs of weathering, just like most of the engines i have seen in parks, WELL DONE!:bravo: .

[​IMG] - Deano
  13. jeffrey-wimberl

14. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Nice! I'd bury the ends of the track with ballast to blend the track in better and add a fence around the loco, but that's just me. Oh, by the way, are those good knuckle couplers on the loco? if this engine won't be pullin' no more, then you could just swap out some Athearn single peice molded couplers for the good ones. With enough work, the cheapo single mold couplers can look very much like real couplers, minus the spring of course:mrgreen:
  15. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Heck, but some of the Gatzl dummy couplers offered by Sergent Engineering, they'll be to scale then.

I recently finished decaling a CP Rail Bi-level rack. I used the included CP Rail decals from the Custom Rail kit, however, it came with a different style of "CP Rail" for the panel, so I had one printed, at the same time as I had the BNSF text & Brinks decals made. Looks great. Now to add lots of rust to the roof, and streaking down the sides...

Attached Files:

16. jeffrey-wimberl

That's a future project. Those are old McHenry couplers.
  17. jeffrey-wimberl

18. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

These are all great pictures. And one of these days I'll have one to post. :cry: :cry:
    jeffrey, the weathering on your boxcar is superb. When I first looked at it I noticed the herald on the top right and thought that, considering the car's condition the last word only had three letters and was followed by an exclamation mark :oops:. But then I finally saw what it was. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  19. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

HEY FOLKS, just a reminder, this thread IS CLOSED to pictures...but COMMENTS are still WELCOME.

20. toptrain1

toptrain1 Member

I think you can't have photo fun, if you can't have photos. It is like talking without words.
    frank toptrain