Photo Fun 5-16-08

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spankybird, May 16, 2008.

1. CCT70

CCT70 Member

VERY good idea George. Just one thing though, if you fly with the tool box, you can't lock it if you check it. TSA throws a fit, and cuts the lock off. Not sure what they'd do about the hobby knifes and blades. Can't carry that stuff on, so it makes it tough. That's why I HATE to fly, but necessary evil here at work. The Homeland Insecurty Bullsh-- is the reason I don't take modeling projects with me anymore, not too sure what I can and can't take on the plane, but for some reason I ALWAYS end up getting pulled out of line for a "random" (yeah RIGHT! :rolleyes: ) pat down search and my bags rummaged through completely. Nothing like living in the freest country in the world to make you feel more like a terrorist than flying. It's almost as bad as having to take Amtrak. :rolleyes:
  2. scubadude

scubadude Member

Cheer up, you could live in Israel and really be subject to hassles :cry:
  3. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Today I made the pop-out area on which my park scene will be built. I already have accessories for a park. I have a park assortment package that has mailboxes, fire hydrants, trash cans, park benches and a phone booth. I also have a picnic set that has two tables, a covered dining area, a barbeque pit and some steel trash cans. Lastly, I have a selection of playground equipment: A merry-go-round, a slide, see-saw and a swing set. The biggest thing in the park will be a 4-6-2 K4.

4. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Altoids can., it works ;)
  5. jeffrey-wimberl

6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Well, I'm getting used to my camera. Certainly the up side is the clarity of the images..and the downside is the clarity of the images!!!! :) I can see every little flaw and the results of any skimping on time, patience, and quality really standout! This camera is going to motivate a lot of improvements on my layout!

Anyway, a Penn Central commuter pulls out of the platform at Kings Port while a Kings Port & Western freight approaches.
  7. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Ralph, The pics are looking good:thumb::thumb:
  8. jesso

jesso Member

spankybird - Great Pictures! I love the Flying Yankee!
    Jeffrey Wimberly - Nice Alco!
    Josh - Great Modeling Job!:thumb:
    Ralph - That building looks great!
    CNJ999 - Your pictures always look incredible! I love your layout! :thumb:
    Jeffrey Wimberly - Those containers look familiar, I have a bunch of them myself.
    Jim - Nice job on the kit. Hope you are able to finish it soon.
    Jeffrey Wimberly - Nice KCS
    Ed - Love the Pan-AM car! Has good Gauge colors!!
    chessie4155 - Great Scene! Love that bridge in the background.
    Ralph - Great car! Love the new camera! Can't wait to see more great pictures of your layout!
    Deano - Great switchers! :thumb: Now you need to get some Gensets and Green Goats!:twisted:
    Jeffrey Wimberly - Get those vandals off your layout!
    George - A cruise to Alaska to knit? If I wasn't sea-sick, I would be watching the scenery full-time. If I was sea-sick, I would still see the scenery full-time as I would be leaning over the edge of the boat. Great work on the scratch-built!
    Jeffrey Wimberly - Can't wait to see the park. Don't forget the baseball diamond :twisted:
    Charlie - Nice close-ups of that engine! Great location to take pictures!
    Ralph - Great picture of your station! I really love you new camera!:thumb:
  9. jesso

jesso Member

We had our monthly club meeting at of our member's houses, he has a fairly large G scale layout behind his house. Here is a G Scale GP38 going over one of his many bridges:

10. jeffrey-wimberl

11. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

cool pic scott,nothing beats the REAL weathering of structures and trains in the yard! nice 2-10-2 jeff :thumb: --josh
  12. jeffrey-wimberl

I painted the area for the park today and applied the WS blended turf.

A close-up of the surface.

13. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That's a beautiful train Charlie! Nice catch! I was interested in the large window in the rear of the train. I haven't seen one like that before.
  14. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

HEY FOLKS, just a reminder, this thread IS CLOSED to pictures...but COMMENTS are still WELCOME.