Photo Fun 5-16-08

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Some quick background before I put up my shots.

My wife is crazy about knitting. We just got back from a cruise for knitters. She asked me before we left, "What are you going to do, dear?" I said, "don't worry about me! It's a cruise to Alaska! I will think of something."

Then I read an article in RMC about the travel kit for building walls and such while on the road. Hmm... So, I took along some building supplies and made a scratch built fruit stand from RMC. It was a fish stand, but I thought I would change it up a bit.

We had a wee little deck where we shared breakfast most mornings before she left to go gather with the knitting group.

View attachment 68967

View attachment 68968

And while I was building, this is what I was looking at....

View attachment 68965

View attachment 68966

After I got the 4 sides done, I did a 4 spot glue job just to see what it would look like, and put it on the rails to take a pic. You can't see it, but there is double sided sticky tape holding it onto the rails. :rolleyes:

View attachment 68969

I will carry around my tackle box of goodies from now on. Only issue is if we fly; I will have to get a tougher box. Maybe a Craftsman tool box with a lock. That way I can check it. Those razor blades prolly wouldn't make it thru security as carry-on.

George

VERY good idea George. Just one thing though, if you fly with the tool box, you can't lock it if you check it. TSA throws a fit, and cuts the lock off. Not sure what they'd do about the hobby knifes and blades. Can't carry that stuff on, so it makes it tough. That's why I HATE to fly, but necessary evil here at work. The Homeland Insecurty Bullsh-- is the reason I don't take modeling projects with me anymore, not too sure what I can and can't take on the plane, but for some reason I ALWAYS end up getting pulled out of line for a "random" (yeah RIGHT! :rolleyes: ) pat down search and my bags rummaged through completely. Nothing like living in the freest country in the world to make you feel more like a terrorist than flying. It's almost as bad as having to take Amtrak. :rolleyes:

scubadude

Sep 5, 2006
Richardson, Texas
VERY good idea George. Just one thing though, if you fly with the tool box, you can't lock it if you check it. TSA throws a fit, and cuts the lock off. Not sure what they'd do about the hobby knifes and blades. Can't carry that stuff on, so it makes it tough. That's why I HATE to fly, but necessary evil here at work. The Homeland Insecurty Bullsh-- is the reason I don't take modeling projects with me anymore, not too sure what I can and can't take on the plane, but for some reason I ALWAYS end up getting pulled out of line for a "random" (yeah RIGHT! :rolleyes: ) pat down search and my bags rummaged through completely. Nothing like living in the freest country in the world to make you feel more like a terrorist than flying. It's almost as bad as having to take Amtrak. :rolleyes:
Cheer up, you could live in Israel and really be subject to hassles :cry:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Today I made the pop-out area on which my park scene will be built. I already have accessories for a park. I have a park assortment package that has mailboxes, fire hydrants, trash cans, park benches and a phone booth. I also have a picnic set that has two tables, a covered dining area, a barbeque pit and some steel trash cans. Lastly, I have a selection of playground equipment: A merry-go-round, a slide, see-saw and a swing set. The biggest thing in the park will be a 4-6-2 K4.

P1010053.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Well, I'm getting used to my camera. Certainly the up side is the clarity of the images..and the downside is the clarity of the images!!!! :) I can see every little flaw and the results of any skimping on time, patience, and quality really standout! This camera is going to motivate a lot of improvements on my layout!

Anyway, a Penn Central commuter pulls out of the platform at Kings Port while a Kings Port & Western freight approaches.
IMG_0044.jpg

Ralph

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
spankybird - Great Pictures! I love the Flying Yankee!
Jeffrey Wimberly - Nice Alco!
Josh - Great Modeling Job!:thumb:
Ralph - That building looks great!
CNJ999 - Your pictures always look incredible! I love your layout! :thumb:
Jeffrey Wimberly - Those containers look familiar, I have a bunch of them myself.
Jim - Nice job on the kit. Hope you are able to finish it soon.
Jeffrey Wimberly - Nice KCS
Ed - Love the Pan-AM car! Has good Gauge colors!!
chessie4155 - Great Scene! Love that bridge in the background.
Ralph - Great car! Love the new camera! Can't wait to see more great pictures of your layout!
Deano - Great switchers! :thumb: Now you need to get some Gensets and Green Goats!:twisted:
Jeffrey Wimberly - Get those vandals off your layout!
George - A cruise to Alaska to knit? If I wasn't sea-sick, I would be watching the scenery full-time. If I was sea-sick, I would still see the scenery full-time as I would be leaning over the edge of the boat. Great work on the scratch-built!
Jeffrey Wimberly - Can't wait to see the park. Don't forget the baseball diamond :twisted:
Charlie - Nice close-ups of that engine! Great location to take pictures!
Ralph - Great picture of your station! I really love you new camera!:thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's a beautiful train Charlie! Nice catch! I was interested in the large window in the rear of the train. I haven't seen one like that before.
Ralph

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
HEY FOLKS, just a reminder, this thread IS CLOSED to pictures...but COMMENTS are still WELCOME.

PLEASE post NEW PICTURES to THE MOST CURRENT "WEEKLY PHOTO FUN" thread. THANK YOU!

Wayne