Photo Fun 4-4-08

jeffrey-wimberl

P9120465.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Check this out. I took this photo about 4:30 this morning with the train moving. I used the flash to stop the action but you can still see some of the light from the headlights shining ahead of the loco.

P1010012-9.jpg

Sarge_7

Jim, Thanks for the C&O post. you go back before my picture taking days and have some great stuff. I found out we lived about 15 miles from the B&O line and this was the first train I saw in Lowellville, Ohio
November, 1976.
Charlie

Those two black and white ones were past down to me from the family. Those we're before my pic taking days too:mrgreen: But I did take these.

A Blue B&O and C&O on the Chessie(old PM line) at Porter Junction in Chesterton IN, probably winter 84. The semaphore was working then, but is gone now:cry:

The C&O was my first love, especialy the 50's and 60's:thumb::thumb:

B&O 1.jpg

B&O 2.jpg

C&O 3.jpg

Sarge_7

Ok Chessie, here is the last Chessie series pic I have on the computer right now.:mrgreen:I probably have many more in slides that I still have to figure out how to scan.:confused:

This one is passing Porter Tower, just like the semaphore, it is gone now too. I remeber as a kid, the tower operator let me "throw the switch":mrgreen::mrgreen:

Porter Tower Chessie.jpg

L

lester perry

Jim & Charlie, I think we could be good friends. The C&O was a class 1 RR that has been overlooked by every one. including model manufacturers until last few years. All I have photos of in my coputer is models. I have a few that I need to scan when I get a chance. So for now you will have to settle for model pics
heris one I posted long ago
ThursdayJune1620052.jpg

oh I found an interesting one here.Look closely at the bottom of the building
PC3.jpg

and one more
PC2.jpg

chessie4155

Charlie: you have always had my attention, I just never spoke up:wave:
Jim; Get busy scannin!:thumb::p
Lester: Fine looking C&O Units:thumb:

Overhead shot of Yard :
HPIM4118.jpg

Sarge_7

Lester and the Chessies:mrgreen: I alway check out your C&O threads. Like I said, I may do mostly western roads now, But C&O was the first:thumb::thumb:

This one's not C&O, but is a 2-8-4, NKP 765

765.jpg

Kanawha

C&O steam equipment is seriously under represented.:cry: Sure, Rivarossi has a nice Allegheny, Bachmann a nice Mountain, and Proto a nice Kanawha, but where are the L2 Hudsons, F17 Pacifics, A16 Atlantics, J3a Greenbriers, and other beautiful C&O passenger power? :confused: Not to mention, a billion people make 2-8-0's but no one makes a C&O 2-8-0!

L

lester perry

Charlie that is a BL2 built by GM-EMD maximum speed-65 mph
road numbers 80-85
wieght 219,300 lbs
Horse Power 1500

the one you posted is a GP30 I have that lcomotie on my layout 3001

L

lester perry

oh that is an ex Conrail in the heart of C&O coal country. That yard at one time put out 28 coal trains a day. Think about it that would be 28 empties coming in also.those trains would be up to 200 cars each. My grand father was a telegraph operator on that division. Man could he tell some stories. I remember as a child my father would shut off the car when caught at crossing by coal drags. they were very slow maybe 15 mph.
Les

chessie4155

Charlie: Nice pics of all the GP30s:thumb: oh and it's a Pacer not a Gremlin..lol
Lester: I have the sister to 3001 ...3002 but she is in Chessie paint..