Photo Fun 4-25-08

cn nutbar

hello all---Tom,great consist---you should call it "The Cheech and Chong Special" with all those reefers rolling along sign1

here's some MOW equipment that Doctor Wayne created for me

110406006.jpg

110406004.jpg

T

Tim Crowe

Here's what I get up to at weekends;

dozer.JPG

Small dozer used to doze levels - here putting in the final layer of ballast before sleepers go in

TRM.JPG

Track Relaying Machine (TRM) used to install sleepers by the length (60ft) Getting a bit old now but still my favorite for putting sleepers back in.

Kirow.JPG

A Kirow crane, can lift up to 120 tons. Mainly used for lifting S&C units into place. Comes in three parts; crane, counterweight and support wagon / lifting beam. Looks good but can be slow going.

I would show pictures of holes in the ground where the track used to be - but they all looked a bit dull.

Biased turkey

Nice and interesting pictures Tim Crowe.
I remember seeing a video on the Discovery channel here in Canada about how they do track maintenance in England.
They have a huge machine that can do the whole track replacement in just 1 shot.

Jacques

P.S. Liverpool FC "You'll never walk alone"

T

Tim Crowe

I used to work on it - It is called a Track Renewals Train (TRT) - an american machine.

It would remove the existing sleepers and rail and replace them with new ones. It could relay about 2,000 yards in one go without resupply.

I think there are now several of them in the U.K.

It would not change the ballast - so we would follow up afterwards with a Ballast cleaner.

I will try to dig up some photos

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
CN Nutbar
Cool MOW cars!

Tim
Great MOW working shots!

Chessie4155
Your shots always bring back memories of the cat from growing up next to the Philly Sub!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I think I posted this about a year ago but it is the only MOW photos I can find right now.

BandOWorkTrain_002a.jpg

BandOWorkTrain_003a.jpg

BandOWorkTrain_004a.jpg

BandOWorkTrain_005a.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Have you ever had that door on a structure that just didn't look right without a light over it? I had just such a door and did something about it.

This is a view in the light.

P1010005-30.jpg

Here it is with the room lights off.

P1010001-64.jpg

shaygetz

You're right, Jeff, lazy as I can be, I try to light everything up. I use 1.6mm LEDs as I've had too many incandescents burn out on me with no hope to replace them. My boarding house/ladies clothier got the full treatment...

studio8.jpg

studio9.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Wow ! Shagetz the lights really enhance an already fine model. The flashing show from the front window is cool but I especially like the illuminated "Rooms" sign at night.

Ralph

DeckRoid

Shaygetz,

I really like the idea of using LEDs to light things up. I am not sure, there was no sound when I played the video, but I could have sworn I heard some thumping music coming from that clotheir.

Seriously though, nice job. When I get to the point of lighting my layout, I believe I shall 'borrow' your idea and stick LEDs on my buildings and flood lamps. We have a local electrician shop that sells them dirt cheap.

George

shaygetz

Thanks, guys. The building was a junk box rescue, an old Revell kit from the 60s. The flasher circuit was stripped from an old toy. Charlie, the fan came from a window casting leftover from an engine house kitbash, I just cut it out of that frame and fit it to this one.

Biased turkey

Big hooks jeffrey-wimberl and chessie4155, nice pictures.
My layouts are so small that I can barely afford to run 50' boxcars, let alone have a big hook.

Jacques

tomkat13

Sorry no MOW.....Elevator for new layout!

A practice fit for the new elevator....still more to do & I have the shed to finish up also.

IMG_5316x.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

L

lester perry

Tom you fast reefer looks like it is almost doing a wheely getting started
Les