Photo fun 3-14

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by lester perry, Mar 14, 2008.

1. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

I guess I will start this week. the real $$$ black Gold for the C&O.
  2. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Nice start to this weeks thread:thumb:

A transformer load ready for pickup: I believe this one is for a Customer in Alaska!
  3. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Great start to the photo Fun as usual guys.
    I thought I'd show a bit of the city this week

Wagner and son transfer and Storage on the waterfront

Street side of the same building with the truck loading dock

4. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

5. EngineerKyle

EngineerKyle Member

6. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

A coal train on the Maitland River bridge.

7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Post merger there are still NYC and Pennsy units rolling out of the engine yard at Kings Port. Here an NYC GP20 and a Pennsy SD9 join a PC GP9.
  8. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

New Johnny Lightning MD beverage truck

Scratch built tie culvert

"New" UP SD70M, needs some repair, and new handrails
  9. brakie

brakie Active Member

Great pictures every one! Keep 'em coming!

First up is the Modern yard office from BLMA..I haven't decided on the color yet but,I am leaning toward CSX Tan.

Next up is a Athearn RTR N&W boxcar I got on "Saturday Special" today for $9.99 from a hobby shop.I still need to add KD 148s.

Next up is one of my three Walthers GP15s..I use this unit a lot at the club..
    Sorry about the missing horns..I didn't notice the horns was missing untill I reviewed the photo.They will be replace.

10. jeffrey-wimberl

11. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

I always check the Photo-fun weekly, the quality of the pictures is very good.
    Nice work everyone.

I tried various arrangements for the structures on my micro layout , that was an easy job, no cutting, gluing, painting or soldering. My wife gave me some suggestions.
    I also cut and painted some masonite for the backdrop

12. chessie4155

Great pics everyone:thumb:

Brakie: Fine looking GP15T:thumb: I have the same one:confused:
  13. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

GREAT SHOTS/WORK FOLKS!!!:bravo::mrgreen:

Larry & Mark, WOW!!!:eeki: , I have been looking high and low for a UP GP15:eeki: , could you guys PLEASE tell me more about them:confused: , Walther's made them?, when?, did they make them in UP colors? can i find them somewhere in ANY road, heck, I'll paint it:thumb: , i would love to get one of those:winki: .

:deano: -Deano
  14. chessie4155

Deano: Yes I believe Walthers did make a UP far as I know they are out of production bet would probably be ebay....
    I like mine , it runs great, pulls pretty good, and its quite..
    BTW cool scene:thumb: I like the GERN boxcar!:thumb:
  15. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

THANK YOU MARK!:mrgreen:
    THANKS for the info on the GP15 too!:thumb: i had seen them in the past, but thought they were Athearns:oops: , at that time i was modeling UP from 89-2006 so i wasn't interested in getting them:rolleyes: , but now, since i am modeling 1969-79, i had started looking for them, but no luck finding one:frowns: . Ebay just is NOT a choice i have:cry: (don't ask:curse: ), so it looks like I'll just keep looking at the shows:winki: .

THANKS AGAIN MARK!:thumb::mrgreen:

:deano: -Deano
  16. jeffrey-wimberl

17. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

Jacques I think I see a Peco switch there. If so good move on your part, stay with Peco.I have found that Atlas tswitches are electricaly faig on my layout. looks good is this staged for pic or planned part of layout
  18. brakie

brakie Active Member

Deano,I will echo what Mark said..The only problem with the Chessie unit the walkways should be blue and not yellow.While this engine is in the "shop" for cleaning and servicing I will paint the walk ways either Enchantment Blue or Royal Blue.Chessie use both blues regardless of the road name on the cab.
    I like mine as a switcher since it has a slow speed and pulls quite well.I can work a 25 car cut with ease...These are stock weight cars and not RP20.1 weighted.
  19. kpolak

kpolak Member

Doctorwayne: Great looking water!

UP SD40-2: Great photo, and weathering!

20. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Here are a couple of pics of our Lego Layout at the Museum. This entire layout is made of Legos, including the train.