Photo competition

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by cgutzmer, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hello friends!
    My dad decided a photo competition would be fun. We also decided to open it up to people we know. I feel I know all of you and would like to cordially invite you to our photo competition. There are 5 categories and you get 6 pics per category (plus there is is just a show off section) Its rather long running (one year) so there is lots of time to take pics. If you want to participate please read the rules first - they are located in the first category on the website. Any questions give a shout! If you dont want to participate and just want to look, thats cool too. At the end of the competition we are opening judging to everyone - participants and everyone else that so desires to vote. I will update here every once in a while if any of my fellow cardmodelers decide to participate.
  2. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Great idea - I'll post some entries.

PS - Do I get extra point for having a photo that could fit in any of three categories ??

View attachment 11171

Landscapes, Nature or textures ?
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Great! Looking forward to seeing them :)
  4. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Thanks Chris!

Should encourage people to enjoy the outdoors a bit and take them away (gasp) from their projects for some (hopefully) fresh air!8)

5. Kaz

Kaz Member

Sent in one of mine for the compo.
    I might dig a few more out from wherever they are kept now!
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Please note rule #2 :)
    1.Name each photo
    2.Photos must be taken no earlier than April 1, 2007.
    3.Six photos for each participant in each category
    e.Misc (Those that don’t fit in the above)
    4.Identify the category
    5.Deadline for entries and swapping around, in, or out is 1:00 a.m. CST, 6/1/08
    6.Judging for the first prizes in the five categories can begin 6/2/08 and ends at 1:00 a.m. CST, 7/4/08.
    7.Judging for the grand prize (Best of the first prizes) will be determined by how soon we can get the first prize photos organized. (Will Advise)
    8.First prize will earn a modest prize (TBD).
    9.Grand prize is a modest prize (TBD), and a free dinner paid for by those at the dinner.
    10.Dinner site to be determined.
    11.Anyone can judge regardless of whether you have an entry
    12.Judging technique is unlimited. Such as: Your impression of the color (or lack of it), subject matter, composition, special effects, etc. etc.
    13.Final determination is which picture in each category you would most likely purchase.
    14.Grade your top five choices in each category with the number 1,2,3,4, or 5, with 5 being the best.
    15.Grade the grand prize the same.
    16.Judging will be done on the site. Chris may have to elaborate on that. (Note from Chris - Rating will be available on contest photos when contest deadline is reached - until then only non contest photos can be rated)
    17.If there happens to be a tie – some disinterested party will be asked to break the tie.
    18.The contest is open to anyone.
    19.Post other favorite photos in a separate folder on the site (I think it’s called the show-off site) so we can all enjoy them.
    20.I have found that reducing them to around 4 X 6 works well. (note from Chris - I use 800x600 - it depends on your software if it measures inches or pixels)
  7. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Spoil sport :p
    Can you move my photos to the "Show off" category - they were taken last year.
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Sorry man! they are really good though! I guess I better make the rules more obvious somehow ;) go take more

p.s. I cant use any of my good old ones either :( my dad is a bum!
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The nice thing about that kind of pic is that if you fill up your entries in one category you can move it to another :)
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well folks - lots of new members so possibly lots more competition! I would like to invite everyone to participate again. Personally I think Kaz's first entry is still the best in the competition. When you post pics please try to keep them to 800x60o (approx) so that the autothumbnailer gets them all the same size ;)

Thanks and hope to see some pics!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.