Phaser Rifle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Paragon, May 19, 2007.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I was browsing around sites awhile ago, and ran across a Phaser Rifle (from the new movies), but didn't have the good sense to save the url or download the model. Anyone have any idea where this might be? I have a feeling it might have been a Japanese site.
  2. dragolad

dragolad New Member

3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

No, like I said it was the rifle used in the newer movies aboard the Enterprise-E.
  4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

This one??

I can't find a paper model, but I did find out there were at least 3 versions used with TNG
  5. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Thats the one. There was a paper model of it somewhere...
  6. cjd

cjd Member

where? Where? WHERE?

7. dragolad

dragolad New Member

i'll tell you what if you guys can get me some decent concept scetches or pictures i will make a model of it:roll: . or you could wait until the link above has that model completed.:twisted:
  8. dragolad

dragolad New Member

michal hagard has posted the phaser rifle on the link i gave:thumb::mrgreen:
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

It's not the exact same one I posted above, but it looks AWESOME!!

10. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Wow, that is pretty awesome. Glad we actually have one around now.
  11. Kjev

Kjev Member

He just finished it recently. He posted a message to his google group this morning.

"If Google and Wal-Mart were to merge, I'd say they were one giant step forward towards world domination."

12. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Has anyone found the nemesis version yet? Haggard's version is a great companion piece to my other phasers, but I like the aggressive look of the Nemesis version.
  13. i just finishied this model its quite an easy build and looks fantastic i actuallly found it easier than the phaser model
  14. panzer

panzer Member

Is it this one you are looking for? I know that there is one on the "work in progress" list of a designer who is also a member here. The pic is from his old site which he has abandoned it so I don't know if he still intends to design the model.

I just don't want to say his name because of the danger of "PM bombing" but maybe he will read this thread... :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

15. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

No, that looks like Mike Haggard's version(not to name names either. Mike's is different in a few ways). The one I'm talking about is the one MOS95B posted pictures of.

I'm in the process of building Haggard's version, so no rush with the other one(if it's even available).
  16. thehaggard

thehaggard Member

Future Update to Phaser Rifle.

It is my plan to add a second barrel and a second sight page to allow the current phaser rifle to be quilt in the two configurations known. Both versions have appeared in most of the movies. First Contact had both versions with the same sights... the next movie mostly used the version I have uploaded... the last movie uses both versions with the newer sights.

-The Haggard
  17. AdmiralSirJohn

AdmiralSirJohn New Member

Hi, folks! Newbie here...

I've been working a bit on your version, but made the mistake of printing it on 8.5x11 in. sheets, thus losing about 1/4 inch from the bottom of each page. It gave me the idea of cutting down the barrel to make a carbine version (a friend of mine has designed one based on the heavy rifle, complete with sliding stock).

I have to admit that the instruction illustration isn't quite crystal clear, but I've been looking for an inexpensive model of this thing for quite a while, so I'll muddle though...

If I do decide to chop it down into a carbine version, I'll post pictures of the build.
  18. billygs

billygs New Member

old style TNG phaser

i like the old style TNG phaserrifle.
    it looks like this Type-III Phaser Rifle.
    is there a papermodel of it somewhere?
  19. Danny71198

Danny71198 New Member

If you don't use 8.5x11 sheets what do you use? Does card stock come in a different size?
  20. AdmiralSirJohn

AdmiralSirJohn New Member

Yes, you can get cardstock in other sizes (such as 8.5x14, which I believe the pattern called for - it's been a while since I built the model).