Pflaz D-XII

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by dfarrell, Nov 22, 2006.

1. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

Has anyone out there built the Pfalz D-XII by Marek? I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how the engine and the front of the fuselage come together. Maybe someone who has built it could post a picture of it. If someone can't come through with a picture or two to help me, I just might have to pay a visit to the Museum of Flight this week-end and look at the real thing! Wouldn't that be an awful way to spend a Saturday!
  2. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

I never finished it, but here is a photo of what Idid with it. The model is different from the actual airplane - on the model, the engine is exposed, on the real airplane (at least the one that is on display at a museum near my home, and it is an actual Pfaltz, not a replica - it was used in the movie "Dawn Patrol" from 1930) the engine has a cover.
    Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

• 023.JPG
      File size:
      101 KB
    • 027.JPG
      File size:
      59.2 KB
  3. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

dfarrel . I too am a seattlite hope you got some building done in the snow. Looks good were you going to continue? I am trying to convince cory graff overthere to have a small papercraft show at the museum to go along with the plastic kits they have.

4. Pierre

Pierre New Member

Thanks dfarrell, I think I've figured it out now.