pepekura viewer problems

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
anyone else having problems with this darn thing opening files????? I hav 3 and 4

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
How do you open the files in question? The *.pdos created with Designer 4 canbeopened with Designer / Viewer 4 only. If you have 3 & 4 installed and click on the *.pdo it will open with the program which is stored in the Windows "open with" directory. So unless you don't want to change the standard opening program it is safer to open the file by starting the Viewer and the go "File" > "Open" and select the file in question. :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
it just wont do it. I tried to open it every way, wont show pepakura files even in a new folder, wont open directly, says I need to download the newest version. I think I might need some kind of code key, but don't know how or where. thanks anyway, I guess I have a problem.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You don't need a code for just the viewer?

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
just keeps not showing the files. cant open with, cant use icon to open, says to buy code key for designer 4, 3.0.3 0r 6 wont open anything. downloaded over and over, over wrote all of them with the last one. had to convert the file before I was able to view it in a non- pepakura viewer. screen shots aint gonna help, because I think all it wants me to do is buy pepakura 4 or it is windows 10 or edge fault. also cant find where to imput the password for UHU02 on his site. that makes me doubt my own self. translated the page with Bing, but I cant find the imput box or
whatever it is. I haven't tried to download from UHU for years, a wonderful man and paper modeler, but I cant even remember where I put in the password. feeling like a damn fool.

SCEtoAux

Jul 28, 2004
USA
When you download Pepakura Designer 4 the Viewer is included in the download. There does not appear to be a separate download for the Viewer. Navigate to the folder for pepakura4 and you will see the folder for Viewer 4. You do not need Designer 4 to use Viewer 4. You can delete all of the files for Designer 4 and just keep the Viewer files. Viewer 4 is still a free program and does not require a license.

pepakura4 will install in a separate sub-folder from pepakura3 in the tamasoftware folder.