Pepakura question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by DarthPineapple, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Hi all, I have a small question about pepakura designer.

When you have a 3d model, and click unfold, it unfolds etc.
    But when this is a bigger 3d model (size, not detail), this needs to be printed on more pages than just 1. Though pepakura only shows 1. How can I set the page count, to, for example, 4?
  2. voltron5

voltron5 Member

If you want to scale up the model, before you unfold click off auto, then a new window will pop up and you can define the size you want either by cm. or by scale.

If you just want to seperate pieces to different pages, when on the parts pages right click your mouse make sure select and move is checked and just simply grab the part you want and drag it over to the right or down and pep will automatically create a new page.

hope this helps.

3. That does help, thank you very much! :mrgreen:
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

if you want to resize after the unfold go tothe top were it says 2d pattern and goto scale scale up by 10 %, scale down by 10% or scale by specified value. in cm.
  5. Ok, thanks. I will make a simple model to test this for myself.
  6. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Under the 3d window you select which objects to look at and unfold. Print out and then select another set of objects. I use to keep my pages sorted out as I'm only using the free version.

Cheers JTF

7. You mean only unfolding a part of the 3D model?
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

yes theres a list object setting that brings up a box of all the objects. you pick and choose wich objects to view. only the ones in view will be unfolded. but if you do that you have to be sure the scale is set the same for each unfold.
  9. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

That's right. When I have finished my design in Meta I load up Pep, unfold one or two objects and if need be go back to Meta for some post design editing.

Once that's done you can unfold the whole model and all you joins etc will be correct.

As "nothing" said always check you scale.

Cheers JTF