Pennsylvania Paer Modeller

YGMeci0411

Titanart5852
Apr 4, 2009
PA.
Greetings to all members out there! I am new to Zealot and am estatic to finally have a place to share this fascinating hobby with others who have the same interests!
I am an artist; my main subjects ( mostly commission work) are portraits and animals... but my strong devotion is to maritime art, especially R.M.S. Titanic. I am an avid sience-fiction fan; 1950's-1960's sci-fi films among my favorites... Jules Verne and H.G. Wells my favorite authors! I am a huge fan of Ray Harryhausen's animation techniques and have been fascinated by his legendary fantasy creatures all my life! I also am a fan of all of George Pal's films, including...yes... "The Time Machine" ( 1960 version with Rod Taylor, Alan Young and Yvette Mimeux) and the classic, "War of the Worlds!" Those interested in "The Time Machine" might be familiar with Don Coleman's website devoted to the MGM cult film... my models and artwork are there on the Enthusiast's Page link!
I would love to be pointed in the right direction to discovering the mysterious password to uhu02's models... as I have tried many combinations from the hints given and still have not had any progress. I would love to build my own paper model of his incredible Time Machine model for my collection! After seeing various photos of the completed model, I found myself in complete awe at its detailed realism! I am hoping some of the members, here, can at least give me some help in finding the right combination of password information to these beautiful kits! I have actually been fortunate to have sat in a full-sized replica of the machine built and owned by a good friend in Connecticut (photos can be seen on Don Coleman's webpage).
Once again, many thanks for this amazing website... here's to all of our continued paper modelling success!

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Welcome aboard, and as for Uhu02's models, I manage to find his models but mostly through trial and error. I keep forgetting to mark my trail, but there are others here who may put you on track. In the meantime, check out the freebies here and check out the links. Find something that peaks your interest and start building. When you feel comfortable, post some photos of your works here. Be fore-warned, Paper modeling is addictive. Watch out for the paper cuts. Enjoy and see you around the forums.

YGMeci0411

Titanart5852
Apr 4, 2009
PA.
Welcome aboard, and as for Uhu02's models, I manage to find his models but mostly through trial and error. I keep forgetting to mark my trail, but there are others here who may put you on track. In the meantime, check out the freebies here and check out the links. Find something that peaks your interest and start building. When you feel comfortable, post some photos of your works here. Be fore-warned, Paper modeling is addictive. Watch out for the paper cuts. Enjoy and see you around the forums.

Thanks for the Welcome, silveroxide! I actually have built several paper models over the years, as well as resin kits! You can check some of my resin model work on Don Coleman's 'Time Machine' website. Go to the Enthusiasts' Pages and find for 'Model Kit Build Ups' and find my name there... the one with the Direct 3D 'Morlock' sub entry...
I'll be posting one of my Star Trek paper models here on Zealot soon! Look for it as well! :wave::mrgreen: