Peirce I Am Getting Back Into Photography Again

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by casey12345678, Dec 30, 2000.

1. casey12345678

casey12345678 New Member

Peirce.

I don't know if you saw the pix of my new camera setup? I picked up a 100 to 400 mm Telephoto Lens. A window mount for the Explorer and a remote switch for the Camera as I am to shaky to hold the Camera steady. This will be the first Railroad Photography in nearly 18 years. I was going to start last week but the wife had the Flu.
    Art

[​IMG]
  2. Peirce

Peirce Member

Art,

Sorry to hear your wife is not feeling well. I hope she is better now.

That camera set-up looks like you could sneak up on any loco. Seriously, it looks like you will be able to do a lot with that rig. I would suggest one additional piece of equipment, a tripod. You will probably want to take some shots away from your car.

Also, consider this. I send my film into Kodak for processing and ask for digitizing at the same time. I generally get diskettes.

We all will be eagerly waiting to see the results of your grand return. Is there any better combination of hobbies than railfanning and photography?

Cheers!

------------------
    My photo albums:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=76905

Peirce
    Southbury, CT

[This message has been edited by Peirce (edited 12-30-2000).]
  3. casey12345678

casey12345678 New Member

Peirce.

I have a very nice tripod but with my back injury I am limited to walking about 25 yards. I like your album especially the old Explosive Car. With the long lens and window mount I figure that I can get the good photos as I know where to go from working on the Railroad.

Art
  4. Peirce

Peirce Member

Go for it, Art. Judging from your earlier pictures, you will do very well.

------------------
    My photo albums:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=76905

Peirce
    Southbury, CT

[This message has been edited by Peirce (edited 01-01-2001).]