Peeling Paint & Hotdogs

Tileguy

I needed a view block fence to add a feeling of depth and I wanted it to look a bit worse for wear.............To do this i employed the peeling paint technique for my fence. to add to the scene i added some partial flats of concession stands.
Since the viewing distance would be aprox 3 feet I added a simple cropped photo to the interior of the concession stand to add to its apparant size.
I finished it all off with signage, old poster's and a final wash of india ink/alcohol for weathering.
Heres a section of the fence
backdropfence003.jpg

Where they are going to be placed
backdropfence005.jpg

And a shot of the first concession stand finished
concession7.jpg

jetrock

The fenceposts could use some overgrown weeds around the bases to disguise them a bit, but the illusion of depth is pretty good already! It kind of reminds me of the area around Suisun Bay, with rolling hills dotted with homes right next to oil refineries.

Tileguy

The fenceposts could use some overgrown weeds around the bases to disguise them a bit
This is not planted yet, it was just sitting there, I still have razor wire to attach to tops which just arrived (games workshop 8.00 per package, 2 spools and each stretches out to aprox 3 feet coiled or 5 feet if straightened.
Heres a section i just added razor wire to. I'll repost a finished shot when I get the area Planted...........There will also be a chain link section in Front of the concession area.
Now, where did I put them Trash Barrels!!! :)
razor04.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Nice effect! I like the hot dog stand especially! I'll have a chili dog plese!
Ralph

shaygetz

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ...me? I'll take a slaw dog, a bag o' Chili Cheese Fritos an' a Sprite.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: