Peach Creek (Brakie)

L

lester perry

Here are a few shots of what is left of Peach Creek yard of the C&O.
PC3.jpg

PC2.jpg

PC1.jpg

zedob

Hey Lester,

What is that short piece of track for that is right below the Peach Creek sign on the building(2nd pic)? Any idea? Just wondering.

Is the turntable still used, or aligned for straight passage? Any info on the shops?

Humm, so many questions and I have no idea where this is located.:rolleyes:

C&O Fan

zedob said:
Humm, so many questions and I have no idea where this is located.:rolleyes:

Peach Creek is near Logan, WV on the old C&O Logan Sub division. I remember years ago passing by there on the way to my grandparent's house in Williamson. I would look across the bridge that went over there and see a gondala in old C&O livery.

UP SD40-2

les, NICE SHOTS!:thumb: I too am wondering about the turntable. in Janesville, the town next to Beloit here, there is an old turntable, refurbished, and works perfect, WSOR uses it. can you tell me more about that one? THANKS:D

L

lester perry

Turntable is scrap, I have no idea what the little section of track is. That is about all I can tell you as I was definitely trespassing on RR property and didn't really want to get caught.
This is the yard where as a child / teen I got to run a locomotive. Brakie was inquiring about this yard so I thought I would post these shots of what was left of a very very active yard at one time. I don't know how many tracks it had but they made up coal trains of 150 plus cars several times a day while receiving empties.
pc5.jpg

Les

brakie

Thank you Lester !!!! Sorry I haven't check the photos before today.
..:eek:ops: I am currently going over my notes before I e-mail my questions..