.PDO to something I can use?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by AdamN, Sep 22, 2004.

1. AdamN

AdamN Member

My son has a project due at school where he has to build a castle, and we have severla European castles we can use, but I found a Japanese castle that he thinks is really cool, and different.

With that said, here is my situation. I am using a mac, with Photoshop 7, and the latest Adobe, but I can't get the PDO files open. I can't even find anything that tells me what a PDO file is exactly, and how I might be able to convert it to something I can use.

Just wondering if anyone here had any suggestions. I would gladly email the files to somone who convert them for me, and send them back. I have an original modle I created I would gladly send along to anyone who can help.

2. smsuski

smsuski Member

re: pdo viewer

There is a free pdo viewer in the misc. section at (freepapertoys.com)
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

if you have virtual PC installed on your Mac, do this, download the software, use it to print to a pdf file, and then print as usual
    I have done that a few times for friends who have macs

4. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

.pdo files

PDO files are created by Pepakura Designer. :wink:
    I have no idea if it has a mac version, but I'm doubting it.
    They offer a free pdo viewr, which you can print from.

They were just bought out by this tamasoft company.
    You may be able to run it with an emulator,
    but I am not familiar with the emulators for macs.
    The registered version offers more options.

Best Regards,
  5. AdamN

AdamN Member

pdo files

Thank you all very much for your help. The company I work for is rather small, and we are a sister company of a mac retail shop. As a result, mac is all I use, and we don't do much with PCs. I am waiting on a copy of Virtual PC 7, and when it arrives, I should be set.

However, the due date for my son's project will certianly arive before the software. I have had several offers to convert the files, so I should be in the clear there as well.

Thank you all.