pdo files to 3ds files

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by rlc321, Jun 22, 2007.

1. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

dows anyone know of a program that will convert pepakura files to 3ds files, as i have a pdo of freedom gundam but all the little indiviadual parts are in each pdo and i wanted to view the whole thiong to see where evrything goes to build it. thanks
    all the best
  2. paper-toys

paper-toys FOUNDER OF PAPER-TOYS

i really dont think there is a converter. i checked it on the web. but you might be able to take the pepakura file and convert it to somthing else and then that to a 3DS file. if you want a model for 3ds tell me. cause i can get all most any model for 3ds.
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I haven't tried this... But you should try and see if it works

3D Ripper DX
  4. rlc321

ok found one its share ware but so cant save until you buy but it does work you can even save to metasequa and 468 diffrent versions as well. it only cost $20 to buy so well worth it. here is the link..

3D Object Converter

5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Oh great!!!! That solves it ~ Thanks for the link.

And... Would the designers mind if you rip their model off the pdo file?
  6. rlc321

proberly but i just want to find out where parts go also its a very helpfull tool besides that.... there may be some people out there who will take advantage but that is small minority.
    ps nezard i am nearly finished the nt alex gundam just the head and backpack left i will post pics once the ghost thread issue is sorted.
    all the best
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Good luck in your design then~

Also, does the program convert textures as well?