PDF re-scaling

Discussion in 'Tips & FAQs' started by archerwin, Mar 5, 2008.

1. archerwin

archerwin New Member

I've tried to use the search function but it's having an error that you can't search a word that's less than 4 letters.... :(

anyway, I have an HP 4100 series All in One Printer, it doesn't have the function to re-scale during printing :(

Pls suggests ways so that I can rescale my PDFs (mainly the yamaha moto kits) so that I can reduce them... If possible, I don'w want to just save them in jpg and then rescale because it might distort the image...

Thanks in advance!!!

archerwin's model kits
  2. charliec

charliec Active Member

A possible solution might be to set the paper size on the printer to a reduced size and print with "fit to paper size" - most printers have a "custom" paper size which allows you to enter the paper size. Say you want to reduce an A4 page by 50% - set the custom paper size as 105mm x 149mm.

3. archerwin

archerwin New Member

wow thanks!!!
  4. gregh

gregh Member

Look at page 33 of the Trotskiy threads. The info from Willy G may help. If you use the Foxit Reader its a little different regarding the percentage of scaling.
  5. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

There is a proram I have the is free on the interent. It is called PDFROTATE. Download the program. You must have at least .NET Framewirk 1.1 installed for Windows XP for it to run. Once installed you can call up any PDF and change the scaling to what ever you want, smaller, larger, etc. Just change the file name and there you go.