PBY Catalina

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Nemesis7485, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

I'm looking for a PBY Catalina, preferably 1/32 or bigger and with clear canopy work rather than printed. Oh and with English destructions. Anyone know any site that stocks them?

2. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

I know there's one in 'Internet finds.' A guy named Kancho designed it. You might google 'Kancho paper models.' He has a bunch of planes. You can make a clear canopy out of a report cover.
  3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

4. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

5. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

Thanks guys.

I knew about the one at hobby Factory but the instructions are in Polish, only :(

You were right about the kancho's model being only in 1/72.

Paper model store has 4 different models including this beauty... PBY 5A Catalina but they don't say if any of them have English instructions. I'll email them and find out.

Many thanks again, folks.
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

If you cant find one in english go for it anyway - the diagrams are usually good enough. Especially if we are helping you out :)
  7. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

Kewl. Thanks very much, Chris. Now if I can only figure out where to put that bigun :)
  8. mwangarch

mwangarch New Member

Marek also has one. DeWayne used to have it available for downloading. You can send him an e-mail to see if it's still available. It's 1:50 and has paper for the windows, typical of Marek's designs, but it would not be difficult to modify and substitute clear acetate/cellophane. It's a great build.

Michael Wang
  9. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

if you need any help building one of the polish pbys let me know as im building the gpm pby-2
    i think the build is similar for all the variations :thumb:
  10. sakrison

sakrison Member

Don't let Polish instructions steer you away from an excellent kit. Most of GPM's (and other Polish) kits have excellent diagrams. On the larger models, there will be separate diagrams for each subassembly, plus overall drawings. Part numbers usually correspond to the assembly sequence. And if you need to puzzle something out, you can photocopy it and test built it or ask for help here.

Gomix makes a canopy set for the 1/33 Catalina, though I don't see it in stock at Paper Model Store, Hobby Factory, or the Card Model Shop.

No worries,