PayPal from SouthAmerica/PayPal desde Sudamerica

Discussion in 'South and Central America' started by Alcides, May 26, 2006.

1. Alcides

Alcides Member

Anyone is using Paypal from SouthAmerica? I thinking to buy some models and the only way is Paypal. I want know the experience of someone using paypal from South America because I live in Argentina.

Alguien esta usando PayPal desde Sudamerica? Porque estoy pensando en comprar algunos modelos y el unico medio es paypal. ¿Queria saber si alguien esta usando Paypal desde sudamerica.

2. modelincard

modelincard Member

I'm not from South America, but when I order things, my mom (I'm not old enough to do it for myself (although I'd like to be)) uses them whenever possible. They are secure (only they (not the seller) have your credit card info). I'm prety sure that they're now an eBay company.

Hope this helps.

P.S.-I sound like an ad for them, don't I? :-D
  3. hpept

hpept Member

i think you can use a paypal account to buy things. On the contrary, it's not easy to use it when you want to sell. Since south america is considered a "dangerous" market for credit cards frauds and for illegally washing money, Paypal don't allow to have money deposited on your account; or better, you can deposit money, but you can't cash it out. You just have to use your money credit to spend with Paypal again.
    These are the infos i gathered some time ago when i moved to Brasil from Italy (where i used my Paypal account both to sell and buy on Ebay).
    Hope this helps. If anyone has more precise and accurate informatione, please post because i'm interested in using my account again from here.
  4. Alcides

Alcides Member

Paypayl from SouthAmerica

Thanks for your answer, but Yes I know Paypal is serious and reliable in USA. I live in Argentina and from here sometimes the things are differente.

By the way, I think your mother works for Paypal from your post :D

Yes, for now I'm want just buy things. The official page of paypay says clearly from Argentina. We can put money but no withdraw monay. I just want to know if someone from Southamerica is using a paypay account with success to buy things.

Ah, I my hoonemoon I've visited Maceio. What a nice place to live.

5. cbastons

cbastons New Member

Yo usé Paypal

Hola Alcides, hace aprox. 1 mes compré un kit de plastico en Ebay y utilicé Pay pal para pagar, hasta ahora no tuve ningún problema, asocié mi tarjeta de crédito y a las 72 horas ya me figuraba la compra en mi resúmen. Cualquier otra duda preguntame. Saludos:)
  6. Alcides

Alcides Member

Gracias por la info. Te cuento que desde que yo escribi ese post tome el riesgo y abri una cuenta en paypal. Hasta ahora ningun problema y compro regularmente modelos de papel.

Bienvenido al foro.