Patoroch dreadnought by a 12 years old

terrinecold

Apr 15, 2012
Hello,
here I will post the progress of a very ambitious project.
I encouraged my son who is in vacation for a week to start a model.
As mentioned in another thread he would like a war40k army so we
decided on a model in this universe. We then picked a Furioso dreadnought
from Patoroch.
Well I think he/we are in other our heads. I'll post the build progress, it is not pretty but we are learning many things.
Attached is the current state. The main body and head are about done, the legs are started and so are the feet. As you can see many seems and glue marks, at this point we are happy when we manage to make the part fit and glued together.
Hopefully we are done by the end of the week and I can let him start an easier project.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 26
Z

Zathros

I think when you get the sub sections and parts together, it will make sense to you. Keep on keeping on! :)

terrinecold

Apr 15, 2012
some progress. I do have to help him from times to times to strengthen the parts. I am still confused as to the reasoning behind some parts having tabs some not, I also am confused by the knee articulation or how to make the hips solid enough that one can play with it without heavy modifications.

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 23

terrinecold

Apr 15, 2012
since he went in vacation I finished the dreadnought for him. I'll post a picture but we will definitely put this one down as a learning experience as the result is really not up to what I expected. Honestly I had a real hard time understanding how a lot of the things were supposed to fit together and even with considerable reinforcements (read additional tabs and strips) the model is not strong enough to be played with. Anyway here is a picture of the finished but unpainted model. I'll put an undercoat of paint then let my son paint it after his vacations. Note that even in this sorry state this dreadnought is capable of great destruction as at one point its left arm fell off (I later redesigned the way it is held to the body) and when I tried to catch it I made a little ship model which was out drying its rigging fall and be stepped on, it was the almost finished enterprise from http://www.warartisan.com/ and it is now almost destroyed beyond repair, the mast having been torn out and the rigging with it and they damaged the bridge and hull on their way.

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 32

Patron_zero

May 5, 2008
Applause and kudos for your son and yourself, looks like another legacy paper modeller is 'born' !