Paperwarbirds cash prize competition is back!

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Horus, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus

Horus Member

Hi Folks,
    dalayed by a day or two following the sad happenings in London, I'm announcing a new competition for paper model aviators by Paperwarbirds.
    Every entrant will receive a free kit and a gift certificate to spend in our shop.
    Visit for more information.
  2. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

3. bholderman

bholderman Member

One question that I couldn't seem to find an answer about, and in lieu that the entries last year year were all planes. Do dirigibles count?

4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i am in :)

going to make or the F100 :) NEW BY MAREK
    or the p51 halinsky :)
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Just curious...I've been trying to get to the link for more competition rules, but it keeps bogging down. So, are the entries limited to models made from the Horus site? I ask this since the announcement mentions you want to feature photos of the models in the kits you sell.

6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Jim,

What I read when I got in earlier......was it didn't matter whos designer.......publisher it was. You can even enter a scratch builts home design.
    Just had to not have been enter in competition before.
  7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i need to sow the progres of bilding or only the fish model?
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Here is a cut and paste of the rules.

Horus........ I hope you don't mind.

The decisions of the judges are final
    The closing date for entry will be September 1st 2005, 18:00 hrs British Summer Time
    Entries may be of military, civil or unique aircraft. Entries may be scratch built or designed by the entrant.
    entry into the competition implies your acceptance of the terms and conditions
    models entered into this competition must not have been entered in previous competitions, nor published on other websites
    entrants may enter up to eight photographs of models in any number of categories.
    Models not fitting into the categories will be placed into the best fitting category according to the judges discretion
    photographs should be of completed models in JPEG format and at least 640 x 480 pixels and no bigger than 1072 x 768 pixels
    photograph submissions should be zipped and contain the entrants name in the file name and a text file with your details.
    submissions of models should be via email to including your name, category of entry and surface mail and email address.
    solicitation of the judges will result in an entry being declared disqualified
    In the event of a tie, the cash prize and purchase credits, if any, will be split equally amongst the winners.
    no alternative to the prizes stated above will be offered
    winners will be notified by email by September 30th 2005. A full list of winners will be posted on the Paperwarbirds website by October 4th 2005.
    Prizes will be despatched by November 4th 2004

Terms and Conditions:

copyright of photographs remains that of the entrant
    by submitting your photographs you grant PAPERWARBIRDS permission to use freely such photographs in promotion of Wings of Horus Paperwarbirds, including publication on the website or use in promotional literature or kit documentation. Accreditation to the copyright owner will be given in all cases.
    Prizes are non transferable
    by submitting an entry you grant PAPERWARBIRDS the right to send you emails about special offers, promotions and new releases to do with Paperwarbirds. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time by sending an email to and requesting removal from the mailing list. Wings of Horus will not give or sell your email address to any third party.
    you indemnify PAPERWARBIRDS that you own copyright for all photographs submitted.
    PAPERWARBIRDS reserve the right to extend the competition deadline if less than 50 entrants are received (with at least 12 in each category).
    Gift certificates will be distributed by email at the end of the competition.

A panel consisting of the owner of Wings of Horus and other independent judges noted for their interest in the fields of aviation, model making in general and paper model making in particular will vote for each entrant. Prizes will be awarded according to points scored. Winners will be notified by email.

Visitors to the site will have a facility to vote for their favourite entrant.

Marcus of Wings of Horus has kindly offered a copy of his Commercial Model of the Fokker Dr1 to all entrants to the main competition. Once I get your entry, I'll send you a downlink.

You may submit your entry via via email.

Please include

Your name
    Your age
    Your postal address
    Your email address
    kit name
    Kit scale
    Kit manufacturer
    a zip file containing your photographic entries (size no bigger than 1Megabyte)
  9. Horus

Horus Member

Dirigibles! :shock:
    If it flies lets see it.

To clarify - models from other sites are fine too.
    Having been inspired by Yaniv, I may be persuaded to open up a fifth category for photo essay builds of kits.

Keep yer eyes skinned folks, we have something special lined up for about a weeks time.

10. bholderman

bholderman Member

Last question for now, I think.

Can we post build threads here at Cardmodels?

11. Horus

Horus Member

Only entries sent to the Paperwarbirds site can be considered.

12. rickstef

rickstef Guest

So, if i read the rules correctly

after the entry has been recieved by you Marcus, one is free to post a build thread anywhere he/she likes.

reason i mention this, build threads are more than just pictures, it might inspire someone else to enter too

13. Horus

Horus Member

Once the competition has ended and prizes anounced, sure.

Would folks like me to set up a category 5 for "start to finish" entries? If there is enough interest, then I'll dig a bit deeper.

14. bholderman

bholderman Member

Its not that important to me. I was simply a bit overeager and naive, in addition to not fully understanding what "published" meant.

15. Horus

Horus Member

Hi Folks,
    The bundle of kits given to each entrant has just incereased in size.
    It now ibncludes the Fokker Dr1 from WIngs of Horus, SPAD VII from Digital Card Models and the Fiat G55 Centauro from Thai Papercraft.

16. Texman

Texman Guest

Fiat G-55, huh. Now, where do ya suppose
    that one came from? Any hint as to what
    the paint scheme will be? Seen some pretty
    nice ones out there. Thanks to all the designers
    who are contributing!!

17. Horus

Horus Member

I think it is the co-belligerent overall dark green. In any case the G55 is fully editable.

18. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Am I the only one having a heck of a time trying to navigate through the Paperwarbirds webpages? :?

It seems every time I try to click on the links for the competition I get frozen... :(

Is there some different webpage setup/popup thingy going on there?

Frustrated in humid New York....

19. barry

barry Active Member

Sticky Jim

The first link does nothing the second link saying more info goes somewhere

pretty cold in Brighton
  20. Horus

Horus Member

Hi Jim and all,
    I've had a good look at the HTML and tracked down two ofending glitches. The links should work fine now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.