Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Getter1, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Arjun

Arjun Member

I'm looking at (and constructing) one of those toy Paperformers (the smaller Thundercracker) and the instructions are a little complicated ("the point of the intake snugs the bottom corner of the <canopy> underside"), with no pictures.

Then there's a larger version of this machine. Any hints? Photos would be very helpful.
  2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Indeed, the instructions are all verbal, no pics. That makes it a greater challenge to get it all together :p

3. Arjun

Arjun Member

I tried to assemble the 'Nosecone' and 'Canopy Assembly', and got something really strange, and I can't fit the canopy hinge anywhere. I need a photo of completed models, if nothing else- that site doesn't even have that!
  4. Mace

Mace Member

Arjun my advice is to first start with a car model....Getter's pictures help a lot and then you also have an idea how it coms togehter.
    I'm busy with Dirt Boss (Hummer style) but it is indeed a challange to build it.
    Sometimes it works better to skip a step and procede with the rest then you know what's left should fit in one way or the other :)
    I might give thundercracker a try when I finished with Dirt Boss.

Also remember there might be some small errors because the leg brace of dirt boss was waaaay to wide and the tires weren't correct (like sunstreaker).

I also saw that there are 2 versions of thundercracker a 3 page and a 4 page version. I know that the 3 page version is older then the 4 page one.
    You might want to try the 4 page one. Because I can indentify the hinges here and that it fits in the undercarriage and chest.

Hope it helps
  5. Arjun

Arjun Member

I tried the new version of Thundercracker...and I'm not sure which way some parts (such as the 'undercarriage') are aligned and where those 'vents' fit in. I'm now looking at the toys of the G1 Thundercracker for a reference. I'll start with Sideswipe or Windcharger, just to get a feel of how these models work.
  6. These paperformers look great!

Getter1, any chance you could make instructions that include pictures? That would be very helpfull, and since you know how to build them you might be the best person to ask.
  7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello DP,

I think I can handle that :D It'll have to wait till I get more ink though :p

8. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

:woot1:Can't wait for some instructions for these little buggers...
  9. Awesome! I can't wait to make one. :woot1:
  10. xavs

xavs Member

Paperformers are a great stuff for making your mind to work, most for us, that are not english naturals, :p but great fun, the first time i got them was a wille ago and i startet some of my own, based on the (simple) moving sistem, some of them not even build or finished.
    All were tapes because they never were sold in Mexico.
    I´m going to look for them and make some instructios if you are interested on, I did lazerbeak, rumble, ratbat, beastbox, squawktalk, eject. and other were in proyect but not finished, they are made in paint in a low resolution but I like them.

Attached Files:

11. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Those are pretty cool, Xavs. I'd love to build these.
  12. xavs

xavs Member

I'm working now on lzbk instructions and all of them keep a hako like
    here are the parts if you want to try

Attached Files:

13. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

So xavs,

Are you saying that you are taking over the instruction project???

14. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

will the instructions be in english?
  15. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

do you have a link to the ultra magus you mentioned?

sorry for the double post
  16. No, he's making some for his own, not those paperformers.
  17. Arjun

Arjun Member

Now I was sketching the Thundercracker puzzle, and it still makes no sense. I analysed the parts once again, and find that the chest/undercarriage orientation is not mentioned, the nosecone doesn't have a flap to stick to the undercarriage (and no idea how), the canopy is sloping downward and the intakes, we don't know which way they go (and how they fit on either side of the nose).

I've got a video of a review of the Thundercracker toy, and I have a fair idea of the transformation. That's not the easiest reference to use, when there are so many nuts and bolts. But then, there's always G1, where the robots on TV looked so simple, and so did their altmodes.
  18. xavs

xavs Member

thanks for you interest and i mean about lazer beak but i remember building some paperformers let me look for them and take some pics maybe thiss could help, but i need to go to my parents house to look for them.:thumb:
  19. xavs

xavs Member

I hope they still exist
  20. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

tried the link didnt work are these still available?