Paper to Plastic Star Trek Enterprise.

Discussion in 'Extended Mediums' started by CJTK1701, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Many Thanks. I already had the firsst issue of this bridge from JLesley's site.

Just a note. Best to Right Click>'Save As' at least on the 1/50 scale Bridge pdf. all others opened and saved just as opened files. But the 1/50 scale version kept popping up an 'I/O Error' even though the pdf had opened completely.

Now just to learn how to work my new printer so I can play with this one!!
  2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks I'll check into it. We've has some quirky things going on with the site.
  3. Trekcreations

Trekcreations EnterpriseCreations

Hi :)

Try here for solutions on correcting the I/O error.

I hope this helps :)
  4. Griffworks

Griffworks Plastic and Resin Modeler

Howdy Mr. Melvin. Now that I've come back to it, I see you've brought up the forum that I sponsor once again. Since you've brought up my forums and how I run them, I felt it more than justified for me to come in here and clarify something that you've said about me. I've been aware of this thread for a couple of weeks, but hadn't paid attention to it for the last week or so. Now that I see my name dragged in to yet another forum and posts from the Science Fiction Modeling forum here...

I've lost count, personally. At least half a dozen, I guess?
    As already mentioned, you forgot one - in which you showed up with an older username posing as someone other than yourself:

Buc "harrassed" you for exactly three posts. Buc was also quite publicly called out on it, as well as PM'd on what he'd been doing and that anything else like his accusation that you were a recaster would get him BANNED. The reason the thread was allowed to go on so long w/o a moderator stepping in sooner is because I'm Deployed and my two moderators have lives of their own that kept them busy for all of 30 or so hours. To say that it was "allowed" to go on "for days" days is disingenius of you, especially considering the proof of when the Mods stepped in. Nothing was done just to allow your "reputation" to be hurt or to keep your kit from coming to fruition - either by me or the Mods.

Yep, you sure as spitfire did receive a warning from me "the moment you stepped in". The reason why - if you'll recall - had to do w/what I'd seen you do at one other forum. While the warning was brusque, it was also quite to the point and specifically mentioned Thomas Sasser not being brought up. That's why I locked one of your threads - you had to drag his name in to one of your threads after being told not to stir that particular Poo Pot.

And again, the thing w/Buc calling you a recaster wasn't allowed to go on "for days". I called him on it as soon as I read the post - roughly 7 hours from the first time he brought it up and less than an hour from the second time he mentioned it. Heck, one of the Mods was on it w/in ten minutes! He was warned and Hankster notified that I was going to BAN him for an undecided period of time if he did it again.

Anyhow, I just want to reiterate once again that the only reason I'm bringing this up is to clarify exactly what happened at the forum I sponsor. My name was indirectly drug in here as "the moderator" of the forum that Mr. Melvin links to three threads above, so I feel more than justified in making it clear exactly what happened. The threads linked to above more than speak for themselves, IMO.

EDIT: Spelling corrections
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

ok ... this thread needs to be locked ... pronto.
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Ok, Folks, this is what will happen.

I will go through all the pages of this thread and delete all comments about one forum or another, and being locked out, or similar comments.

I will allow this thread to continue AS LONG AS it is on topic.

7. OldSalt

OldSalt Member

Locked, blocked, deleted and stricken from all monuments, pylons and obelisks. So let it be written; so let it be done.
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

On topic.

Sir, I fully intend to stay on topic and hope to have more to show soon.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and concern. I have no control over anyone else, but I will stay on topic.

Thank you.

We only have one more part to finish and the ship will be ready to cast.

Also, I had Ron's Bridge printed today and will start on it tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying the resized bridge and free fonts. There is much more to come.
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I must stand.

There is something that I have to say. I really don't know what my crime is.

I was never going to put out a kit..... When this all began, at Starship Modeler, I was working on building an aluminum Enterprise. I had went through several Mom and Pop Machine shops and tried to get this thing off... After many delays and virtually no production, I tried the method you see in the previous pages.

I never..... NEVER intended to get into the kit producing business. But, as luck would have it..... I was asked, no begged, to put out a model.

I really didn't want to, but I sat down and crunched the numbers and thought, "you know, if I sold enough, I might break even and be able to put out a good kit."

I had NOOOOO thought of making a profit, or starting a business!!!!! That is the truth and people that know me, will swear to it.

Guys at SSM begged me to make it affordable.... within $100.00 to $125.00

Again, I crunched the numbers....... Believe me, it's workable.

I thought...."Jesus Christ, these people have been charging up the wazoo!"

So, I thought...... "Hell yeah, I can make a ship for that price....." So, I decided I would and announced it on said forum...

" Quess what?"

That wasn't recieved to well.

Without belabouring the point any further..... I was the Anti-Christ. So, that's why I have a lot of enemies.... They do not want to see someone begin the precedent of selling a worthwhile craft, for a decent price.

That's where allllllllll of the hate comes from.

By putting out a superior kit at a lower price..... I'm stepping on a LOT of toes!

This is where all of the hate comes from, this is where all of the lies and rumors come from...... This is where all of the debate comes from...

People, protecting thier assests.

Do they care what it does to me, the lies and rumors and innuendo.... NO!

I'll tell you all, I've had so much hate and vile and costant, unrelenting negativity come my way, that I've damned near had a heart attack over this.

I've been disabled for days and had to go into seclusion and totally ignore everything for days,,,,,, Why?

Because I wanted to treat the modeler right.

This is not an exaggeration, this is a fact. I've had so much negativity, from PM's and e-mails..... I could not handle it....

It's not because I'm a panzie. I've served my country and been through hell, but I have NEVER had so many people come out against me for something so insignificant to me......

It boggles the mind.

Perhaps this has stepped over the line, but I felt I had to tell my side.

I didn't want any of this. I just wanted to put out a model like I was asked.

If, by telling my side of the story, I get banned, or locked out, so be it.

I can't take much more any way.

:confused: :cry:
  10. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Dude, let it go. You don't have to justify yourself to anyone. Show us what you have and let the work speak for itself.

My sister has a saying:

"Opinions are like ---holes. Everyone has them, most of them stink."

LET IT BE and concentrate on the work itself.
  11. Trekcreations

Trekcreations EnterpriseCreations

Could not agree more ;)
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'm LAUGHING!!!!!!!!

What you are about to see are comparison shots of my meager little vacuum form masters, as compared to a "Professionally" Built "Collectable" that sells for more than ten time what my little kit will cost. Remember, I created my masters in two months and they have been at the vacuum casters for about a month. I've provided step by step pictorials of the entire process. Also, my humble little craft was taken from the Alan Sinclair blueprints and Ron Caudillo's paper model. I didn't have the luxury of going to the Smithsonian and taking measurements and It didn't take me more than a year to create. My associate took these pictures and was so excired, he called me from his cell phone laughing his ........ Well you get the picture. The funny thing is that these pictures are total vindication of all that has happened and all of the people that have tried to shut me down. Yes, sir..... I'm laughing!

I'll have more tomorrow and I'll have even more to laugh about soon, because the first complete pour and pull is going to be tomorrow.

13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Here are a couple more......

BTW, how do you like that paint job? $2000.00 and they couldn't even tape off the shuttle bay dome, correctly...
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

We're havin some fun now.....!

15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Neat. Are you mearly creating molds or casts or are you taking any pains to create a dummy in which to carve details into?
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

This is just the second pull, to get a look at what we need to correct. We didn't get the resin pour done, last night, but hope to get that done soonest.

We intend to plot out the windows and carve them into the main buck that we are using now. We have two sets of masters, poured from the original, hand made, masters. So, we've got plenty to work with.

We're reworking the upper saucer section, to get it as close to exact, as possible. Also, one of my associates is making a trip to the Smithsonian this weekend, to take some reference photos of the Big E.

I didn't think this was possible, at first, but things have changed. For the price, we want to make this the best kit on the market.
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Man I wish the guys at some of the other forums could see these pics.

Oh well, Cest la Vie.

I'd really like to post a poll: "Windows, or no Windows."

Personally, I'm against putting windows into a kit.... Why? Because to me, it take away from the modeling experiance and doesn't give the modeler the opportunity to make his own decisions.

Case in point: The 22" AMT kit.... Everyone of those windows were wrong. So, what did the modeler have to do? Putty over every window, smooth everything down and cut his own windows. This is twice the work, for the experianced modeler.

Point number two. What if the windows are wrong..... to you?

I've sat here for months and looked at everything I could find about the windows..... I've plotted windows masks and decals and it's a nightmare. No single source matches up with another. Alan Sinclair's windows don't match to the PL kit, the PL kit doesn't match to the 22" kit, the 18" kit doesn't match to the 22" kit. Phil Broad's windows don't match with Professor Moriarity's, his don't match with Casimiro's....... and so on.

The "Big Cheese" was supposed to have matched the PL kit's windows to the Big E, but those don't match up with screen grabs, from the series.

I've taken my own screen caps and "Super Sized" them and they don't match up to anything.

Personally, if I were to buy a kit, I would want it to be sans windows, so I could plot my own.

This brings me to another point. No matter where I put the windows, someone is not going to like them. I know that no matter what I do, someone is going to rip this kit apart. I know I can't avoid it, but I don't want there to be a "Window" if you will, of opportunity for one of those lengthy discussions on how I "F' up the windows.

I can see it now. A Three month long discussion on how screwed up the windows are.:grin:
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Windows.....???? Part two.

If you look at these pics, this is where the windows are going to be carved.

And here.....

19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Windows....????? Part three.

Update: We are NOT doing windows. I've just gotten off of the phone with two of my associates and we are not doing the windows. We will provide our windows masks and we will provide windows decals, but we will not carve in the windows. To much work, to little time and to much open to dissertation.

We're providing the best kit available for the price, we're in agreement on the windows. We take to big of a chance, trying to plot the windows and make everyone happy.

20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

OK I'm officially jealous. I was at the Mall in DC and didnt have enough time to get to that exhibit. I love DC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.