Paper rose

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by zealousy, Nov 10, 2008.

1. zealousy

zealousy Member

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a rose paper model and yes it is for what you think it is for!:oops: I saw a few threads here about the subject but they don't seem to have an answer. I want this to be as close to the real thing as possible. Either a rose or a rose bud...

I have three months to come up with this so I thought I'll get a head start :)

If you know of some method other than cutting and pasting (like alcohol soaking) please let me know. I have no idea of any other methods so any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys! Cheers!!!:thumb:
  2. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Here is blog post where someone adopted a paper lotus to make a really nice rose. If you can't find a paper rose, this approach might work. In the comments to the post, the blogger said she'd post a PDF of the rose pattern, not sure if she did.

Sorry that the link i provided goes through a web proxy, but blogspot is blocked here in China.
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Canon Papercrafts has a few rose models that might work. They will at least give you an idea of what to do if you want something different.

Since they changed the format at the site it is more difficult to find specific models so here is the page with some roses:
    Canon Papercraft Roses

5. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

I had some of the models, but couldn't find the files on their site (didn't occur to me they would be under gifts). And I see they have some I haven't got. Thanks for the link.

Kind regards

Jim Lionmane
  6. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Jim, no problem.
    That new format at the site is kind of frustrating at times. I first did a search for roses to see if the 3D rose models would show up and got a bunch of stuff, then noticed one of the 3D rose models in the choices so clicked on that and noticed the category it was in so clicked on that category tab and searched in that category and got the page with the 3D rose models. stooges8

I would print a transcript of my comments when first trying to find models on that site but this is a family site so it is best left undone. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
  7. zealousy

zealousy Member

Hi Guys,Thanks a load for your responses! All of them! I've found a lot of paper roses so far with your help and I think I'll be ok. i found a lot of ideas to tweak what I had in mind initially. Thanks for the help everyone!Viraj
  8. zealousy

zealousy Member