Paper Model Photo shoots

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Hello all. Some of you have followed a previous thread of mine where I made a lot of beauty shots of my Star Trek paper models. It's a lot of fun (almost like playing with the models
smile.gif
) and I want to keep sharing new pics, but since the build is over I figured I should start a new thread in a more appropriate part of the forum.

Attachments

• Yesteryear's Enterprise.jpg
    Yesteryear's Enterprise.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
This idea just came to me when I saw the plane picture. The poor shuttlecraft got too few chances to shine. And, since we never got to see this version of the TMP Galileo fly, I thought it would be nice to give her a moment in the sun. This is my first TMP-style papercraft photoshop pic.

Attachments

• Bandits.jpg
    Bandits.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

DAVESTAR

Have you done the the first movie version of the Enterprise? ("The Motion Picture")
Really like the flickr site.

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
I have reworked Makino's Enterprise-A files into a TMP NCC-1701 (no bloody A, B, C or D!). It's sitting on my desk now and will be joining the fleet soon. I also used those files to create versions of the scouts U.S.S. Columbia and U.S.S. Revere (the ones you hear mentioned on the Epsilon 9 comm chatter) and I have a reworked version of the Reliant, which I further reworked into the U.S.S. Miranda. Someday I'll be building Rawen and Legal01's 1:400 Enterprise also.

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Feeling Photoshoppy again. For a change of pace, here's a Battlestar Galactica pic starring my Galactica from Gearz and Viper from PaperToyBox. Hi-Rez version at link below.

Attachments

• Recon Viper.jpg
    Recon Viper.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad to see that you are getting back into this again.
I REALLY LIKE the BSG shot!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

silveroxide

A long time ago, when I started to play Warhammer 40K, I did some photoshop of some of the models, while they where Games Workshop models, I had the urge to place them in some action sceneries. Here are some of my photoshop versions. I hope that this is not hijacking the thread but it seems like the right thread for photoshop pics of models.

21511.page.jpg The stormtroopers and the commisar Yarick are ready to defend the throne.

21509.page.jpg
There is a Predator Lehman Russ on the prowl

35267_md-Imperial Guard, Leman Russ, Photoshop.jpg
Protecting the crossroad.

37292_md-Imperial Guard, Leman Russ, Photoshop.jpg
With the backdrop of the bridge from Saving Private Ryan The flames give the figures some meaning.
8c9ab657bc7c0d3d5fb14f6705f82ee7_15523.jpg__thumb.jpg
An old Arbites jet bike modified with some eldar jetbike rear engines. Used a Catachan to give it a Hells Angels look.
37294_md-Catachan, Imperial Guard, Jetbike.jpg
Anothe view of the jetbike in the countryside.e5c571ec0644e82b0f721c1127834ace_15523.jpg__thumb.jpg
Another patrol though the forest trail.

37356_md-Photoshop, Space Marines.jpg
The wall of fire, they shall not pass
37367_md-Necrons, Photoshop, Space Marines.jpg
Here come the Necrons on Game day.

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
@silveroxide: Those pics look cool. Making these pics is like playing with our toys.;)

I saw a movie poster for this fake movie somewhere on the Internet and it seemed like a "so bad it's good" idea. So, here is my take on what a scene from this movie might look like.

Attachments

• Zeppelins vs Dinosaurs.jpg
    Zeppelins vs Dinosaurs.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@silveroxide I like your WH40K pic! They look SPECTACULAR!!!
ALthough I have to say that my favorite ones are the Jetbike pics.

@bgt01 The Zeppelin with the dinosaurs looks AMAZING!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK (BOTH OF YOU)!!!

silveroxide

That dirigible seems to be traveling through a warp storm straight into the Jurassic or one of those ptrhistoric times. Nice job.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
All of your pictures look great! :):):)

BTW, I too have some at my disposal. Here they are:

IMG_9190aaa.jpg

IMG_ct1a.jpg

IMG_ct2a.jpg
This is a Revellogram Cylon Raider; Laser effects according to my tutorial

col1a.jpg
rendering of the CG model which was turned into the paper model, combined with real background (photo taken on my balcony! ;) ) and text

DSCF5327aa.jpg
starry sky background, light effect, copy-and-paste-mountains

!lr-fire-k.jpg

DSCF4497ba.JPG
Laser beam effect according to my tutorial

Editing was done in Gimp. The space backgrounds and planets were done using scripts called "starry sky" and "Planet render".

Just in case you have missed the Laser beam tutorial somehow I'll be adding it to the resource section. :)

Last edited:

silveroxide

Great pics RV, I like the luxury liner best in your pic series. I may have to start photo shooting again some day. I hope that this thread becomes something like the warhammer amormans thread. bgt01 may have started it but with his permission, this thread has potential.

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
@Revell-Fan: Those pics are great!! Love the LandRam in the dirt. It looks like a studio shot!:D I want to do more BG pics but I need to build a better, more detailed Viper and maybe add more greeblies to Galactica. And I need some Cylons, and a certain Probert prototype that's under construction.;) Then it's time to finally build that Buck Rogers Starfighter (Thunderfighter), and on, and on....:arghh:

@silveroxide: By all means, anyone who wants to post model shoots in this thread please do so. I build these things because they blazed across the screen and doing these pics is like putting them back in action. I doubt I'm the one one who feels that way. The only stipulation I have is the pics have some kind of "action" or manipulated setting. No static shots on the work bench like in build pics or blank backgrounds. We work hard on these things so let's have some fun with 'em!:happy:

Also, if you want to see some pics from a person who really knows how to have fun with toys, check out the Flickr pics from someone named "Avanaut." This pics are incredible!:woot:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I am moving this thread to "Renders and Illustrations" as it fits perfectly in there. :)