panzer turret help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
im currently working on gpms Schienen-panzer STEYER gun wagon i bought several books to help build this vehicle but have come to a confusing area on the subject of the turret the vehicles were armed with pzkpfw 3 ausf n or older model pzkpfw 4 both with a short 75mm gun according to the literiture most pictures show the panzer 3 variant ...the problem the kits turret dosent seem corespond to any of these does anyone know which model panzer this turret in the kit is from?

Attachments

• DSC01157.JPG
    DSC01157.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01158.JPG
    DSC01158.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 23

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
It looks like a Pz IV turret with the storage bin at the back of the turret removed. I don't think it's Pz IVD turret - that had only one of the parts labelled "15m" on the parts sheet on the top of the turret - possibly a Pz IVE.

Regards,

Charlie

thanks i came to a simalar conclusion i didnt want to second guess the desiginer but there are no images of the vehicle with this turret i may try converting the turret to the pz 3n + interior, when these vehicles were built records were getting sketchy some were also aparently armed with rocket lanchers due to the lack of matririals(turrets) i have a lot of info on the subject its just mostly text(no pictures)

im still not definiate on this turret i dusted off my 1/16 panzer 3 and the proportions at least are a match i also built the pz 4 turret from another kit and the spare turret from this kit(i have two copies so i can build 3 variants) the iv is of different proportions i also found only one variant that has two hatches on the rear of the turret roof and its an early 3 ...this is giving my a headacewall1

Attachments

• DSC01159.JPG
    DSC01159.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC01162.JPG
    DSC01162.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 22
GOT IT its a pzkpfw 3 ausf G at least know i know what it is i can set about converting it to the ausf n shown in all the images of this vehicle its not nescarely the wrong turret the detail in this kit tells me the deiginer wouldnt have made a mistake like giving it the wrong turret i would just prefer to model what i can see for myself:mrgreen:

Attachments

• ausf g.JPG
    ausf g.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.