Panzer I - Modelik or Supermodel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having such a good time building my Modelcard Panzer II (2nd build installment coming early next week), that I'm thinking of trying 1 more simple tank before I go on to something more complicated. I'd like to do another early WWII German tank, and I see that Modelik and Supermodel both offer a Panzer 1 (Ausf B and A respectively). If anyone has an opinion as to which model is better I'd be glad to hear it.

My thanks in advance,

Don

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I've never seen the Supermodel PzKpfw 1A. The Modelik Ausf B is probably similar to the Modelcard PzKpfw II in difficulty. Probably not surprising since Modelik is the successor to Modelcard - a lot of early Modelik kits were originally released in Modelcard's range. With the Modelik kit you get 4 pages of coloured parts plus one page of frame parts. The printing on my copy is pretty bad - poor colour registration and wide black lines. The colour isn't even approximately right for an early Panzer (not withstanding the discussion in another thread).

Modelik have a PzKpfw IVG which isn't too difficult and may be a better step up from the Panzer II before tackling something more challenging.

Regards,

Charlie

Attachments

• Modelik_Pz_IB_Cover.jpg
    Modelik_Pz_IB_Cover.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 221

ramatoto

Jul 30, 2005
Germany
www.ramatoto-homepage.de
Hi Don,

the Super-Model Tank comes on 3 pages, app. 24 x 34 cm, Afrika -Version, with an ugly orange-touch, glossy print on very hard card-board. Tracks and many metall-looking parts are printed in silver.

It´s on my list "to do soon", i´ll post here, when i start it.

Ralf
pzkpfw_I_omix_gross.jpg

Thanks you for your input gents, I really appreciate it. Decisions, decisions. Neither one sounds terrific, but I guess you get what you pay for, and for $6 or $7 bucks one can't really expect too much. The Panzer IV sounds intriguing, although I did have my heart set on a Panzer I. Maybe I'll buy a Panzer I and a IV. I've always liked the looks of the Panzer I command tank too, and I believe it was once a card model, but I think it's out of print now. Hopefully it'll be re-released. I've made up my mind...I just decided to buy a I and a IV. I'll flip a coin to decide whether to buy the Modelik or Supermodel PI...heads it's a Modelik, tails it's a Supermodel.

Regards,

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.