Panther G/GPM and conversion sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

PITERPANZER

Welcome!
I would like to show You rebuilt of my old GPM Panther G (yellow series).This model stayed on the side and covered dust.I used and changed some parts as a commander cupola ,driver`s and radio operator hatches from another paper model.On this model I tested new zimmerit by putty,and after new scheme painted air brush.
After long time,last week i has gone far.I use resin parts as a drive sprockets ,tracks and fun covers.I plane to use PE parts from Aber too.

Panther after painting radically changed.

To be continue.

Amazyah

Very nice job on that zimmerit, Piter!:wink:
With that fantastic paint job on top of the zimmerit, it makes this tank look like the real thing!
One cool, modeling job!8)

Russell

PITERPANZER

Thanks for Your hot words.Nice to hear that You like that.
Another my 1-25 scale models,also this plastic tanks and cars from wwII ,what are not at subject of this forum You can follow at 1-25 scale armor forum.Link is below.Welcome to visit and to presentation Your models!
Reagards Piter

PITERPANZER

I decide to continue here too.

I don`t have vein for this model,but well.
Some a little late pics.The road wheels i can correct just little,and glue so many bolts is boring.

PE grills from Aber I glued to resin fans.By the way I measure up this PE kit to Panther G from Halinski and it fit in.

I eliminate front periscopes from GPM ,and scratch another.To prepaired earlier wholes I plane to glue resin or metal from Aber PE kit.

All what |You see on pics above is now after first painting.Next step is soldering the chains to reserve tracks stelage.
And now the question,for what I do this face lifting?This panther was so beautiful and could stay longer.

Amazyah

Very beautiful work, Piter!:cool:
I love all the little details and especially that zimmerit texture! It's awesome!

Thanks for sharing your build with us! It is such a treat to watch you work!:thumb:

Russell

PITERPANZER

During my "war" with Panther I `ve found the way to correct inner road wheels line.
New parts come from AH Panter,but for easier reseat I cut out center.

New center is covered by paper meniscus lid,done by this useful tool

Prepainting

Today I tested new screws from Draf Model,and I find the way to run away negative effect visible on pics (You see paper duality and flocks).Positive effect gives for me dripped by Cjano-acril (CA)glue =Superglue.The diffence You can see on some wheels.By the way i finish commander cupola.Now he can hold on.

I painted Fans covers too.(I was within an inch of cut out engine deck,for correct them ,but
I promise myself never do this.)

PITERPANZER

Somebody visits my relation?
The left site is ready.All screws and meniscus lids glued exception inner road wheels line,because I decide to cover all by mud .

All painted by H93 and H116,next weathered by dry brush H53 and H33 solution.
My next toy is spray- mud .I put them on road wheels and chassi.Mud overflow eliminated by brush.

To the end ,sorry ,it was stronger then me.I put track and add figures.

RTomedi

Outstanding work Piter!!!
The details and coloring job is very realistic.
Congratulations on your work.
Hugs.

PITERPANZER

Thanks Ricardo for Your attention and words,especiallythat You pay compliments.

Before my vacation I had done side fenders supports based on PE Aber kit ,but later it proves that all fenders have wrong diameter.

It was sure that .....I removed oryginal fenders and used fenders based on Aber PE kit too.

I decide ,to correct the diameter difference on the last section.This way it `ll be possible to use skirts /Schurtzen/ like in Aber PE kit .This way all is compatibile.
On the pic below plastic Panther G from Academy with Aber`s fenders and skirts.

PITERPANZER

New fenders on the tank

I drill wholes in fenders ,they will usefull to middle the fenders supports .

Fenders supports at 2D and 3D.Small holes made by cave-tool,and drip CA glue.Now just correct hole by bit(borer) and I can fix all together.

PITERPANZER

I decide to make a biger face lifting.
At this panther G is wrong engine deck,looks like A version.
The first pics after engine deck operating.
Excision "sick tissue" doesn`t destroy zimmerit :D

I adopt from AH` Panther engine deck,added small modyfication,rely reduction airintakes .This way Aber`s grills will on one level with engine deck.

All fit in ,no glue yet.

PITERPANZER

Hello!
I`ve done next unplane step.I cut out armor plate over all engine compartment.Probably in future I `ll add resin engine there.

What a pity ,that fans and air intakes will not visible at details when i put PE grills.

I have to do all hinges :( and after glue all PE elements for tools and reserve tracks.

Is anybody visite my relation ???

dansls1

I can't believe I haven't replied to this thread yet. This is a great build - tremendous attention to detail. Thanks for sharing!

PITERPANZER

Thanks for Your hot words. I hope to finnish soon my panther and continue another plastic and papercard 1-25 projects.Send reagards Piter

Status
Not open for further replies.