Palitoy Death Star

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by BazookaJo, Dec 20, 2006.

1. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Don't know if this is the place for this, or if it will upset anyone's sensibilities (if so please delete this thread) but this put a serious smile on my face:grin:

Someone has scanned in the old card Palitoy Death Star playset peice by peice :twisted:

A mini version in scale with the StarWars miniatures figures would be pretty cool......

He's also got artwork scans of the card peices & Stickers for other starwars ships/playsets. Definitely worth a trip down memory lane.
  2. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

I used to have one of these kits a LOOONNNNGGG time ago in a gala.....:-D wait a minute. Well had one some time back.
  3. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

May mate had one and I wanted one bad!!!!

As such when I was 8 I copied it as good as I could using corragated cardboard, felttip, crayon and cellotape:-D

Man - it was truly awesome:wink:
  4. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Reading you type it up that way makes me miss England. Been gone since '99. I miss my first home. But for now will just have to remember the good old days when I used to play with my at-st and millenium falcon and everything else I used to have at my Nan's house. Well have a merry one.
  5. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Have any of you guys seen what the Palitoy Death Star will bring on the secondary SW market? I complete set in decent condition will bring nearly a four-figure sum. Very cool playset!
  6. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Wish I had an original to sell then could come in handy for supplemental income. Fund some hobbies maybe. But, I'm sure it's not in any relative's attic or anything. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever happen to run across it again.
  7. panzer

panzer Member

I still have a palitoy (or Kenner?) diorama of a Jawa Sandcrawler from the late 70's. The "desert" part is made of plastic, but the material of the sandcrawler itself is corrugated cardboard. If you are interested, I could scan it, but in this case I need a filehost.
  8. panzer

panzer Member

I found some pics:

Attached Files:

9. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

10. panzer

panzer Member

Oooops, I didnt see that... And I've got many ships missing decals. Thank you!:wink: