Pain & Inconvienience

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Pain & Inconvienience. They are two things I will not put up with!
I have suffered both this week, with a 3 day emergency addmission to hospital with acute appendicitis. However I am back home now, still suffering, but improving by the hour.

One thing I am thankful for is Australia's health system. All hospital charges, including medication etc is free of charge. Has not cost me a single cent.

Garahbara will have to be put on hold for a few weeks while I recouperate, so it's bedrest and painkillers for me.:D

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Sorry 'bout your health.
Look at it this way:
1.) Time to examine layout plans (when, what, where, etc.)
2.) Watch a lot of videos on trains.
3.) Enjoy the flights of fancy about your layout (or trains in genral) the drugs give you.
:D :p

Again Good Health!
Ken
From Sunny... No! Rainy.... No! .... Sunny... No! ...OH! ...HUMID Florida! That's staying even. Somewhere between 70 and 90%. :(

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Appendeck...appendic...appen...surgery

Glad to hear that you are OK!

A friend of mine had an emergency one-of-those several years ago. This was while he was still walking on crutches with a caste on his leg after he "dislocated" his knee, and shortly after he accidentally sliced open his index finger while sharpening his knife (severing several nerves and incurring several stitches).

I visited him shortly after the surgery and told him that I had just spoken to his doctor down the hall and that the doctor said that his breasts should start growing in about two weeks. He laughed, then said, "OW!" hehehe I'm mean sometimes...

-Rory

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hey Woodie, get well soon my friend, If I had a microphone, I would sing you a song.
Funny how life gets, I have had to sell my car due to Vertigo which is nothing to do with heights, just hugh DIZZY spells now and again, never know when they will come on.
So cheer up Woodie, you hold me up, I'll drink the toast.

Shamus

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Glad you're back, & in one piece, Woodie!
I went through the appendectomy thing with my wife quite a few years back... I know that's certainly no picnic.
Rest up, & do some reading, & maybe some brainstorming on the Garabara.

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
:) Woodie

Now that your train has stopped at the station, take the time to reflect on the improvements that can be made to the layout.hope you are back on track soon At least you will never have to go through that again
Best wishes for a full recovery