Pain & Inconvenience II

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Well, I've got a little more in common with you now, Woodie.
I decided I was going to spend a nice relaxing evening working on the layout, & I was busy cutting some sheet styrene for the roof on a structure I'm building. My usually trusty x-acto, on this occasion, decided to hop over the straight edge, & lay open my left index finger - MAJOR OUCH!!! :rolleyes:
Well, I bought myself a half dozen stiches, abottle of pain killers, & a week's vacation. (I guess 2 out of three aint bad!) ;)
I'm also down to one handed typing, so I'll keep this short.
The moral to the story is - be careful people. With all the sharp objects, power tools, electricity, solvents, & fumes, there is a degree of danger lurking around our fun little hobby. Don't get too lax about it, & let yourself get hurt.

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
You forgot the most dangerous part of the hobby: the trains!

How many times have you been working on some part of the layout, not paying attention to what was going on around you when WHAM!!!! a train headed up by a pair of Diesel engines smacks into your elbow. What's worse is when you have a collision with a passenger train. Just think about all of those poor folks! Hopefully your layout has a hospital...

Hope you feel better soon!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Woodie!
So what are you trying to say... that I should return my Time/Life series on home surgery? :D
From what I understand, your surgeon could use a little refresher course!
Anyway, I get the stitches out today, so this is my last day on my "duff".

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Charlie,

How's the finger? Stitches out? For pain & incovienience I recommend total sensory depravation and backup drugs!

I'm on the mend now, but slowly. The nurse reckons another 2 - 3 weeks before I'll be able to try the 100 metre dash again!

take care,