Page with lots and lots of links

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by 72BMWR75/5, Sep 10, 2006.

1. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

EDITED: I said something really dumb, sorry!
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

That was a bit harsh wasn't it? It certainly isn't going to encourage him to post anything else that he finds here, which might well be something we haven't seen.

Just my €0.02 worth.

4. Those of us who are fairly new to card modeling have a hard time knowing what is known and what is not as we stumble our way across the Internet following links from links from links. For instance, I'm wondering if people know this site.

URL removed by admin, pirate site

I wonder because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere before and only once in my Internet travels.

Cheers --- Larry
  5. maple 01

maple 01 New Member

I think that site contains a load of ripped-off polish models
  6. thewoodengraver

Yes, I guess it was harsh. I had not intended it that way, I was being sarcastic but I see your point. My apologies.

That site you posted has pirated models, you will probably be asked to remove the link.
  7. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Thanks Larry, I've added that to my links list.

8. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member I'm in a moral dilema...guess I'll do the right thing and delete it.
  9. You're right!!! I just spent some time diddling with the URL. While the page I posted isn't accessible from the main webpages, if you get to the main webpage it's clear that the guy is ripping off Fiddler's Green, ModelArt and several other sellers. Sad...really sad. Sorry to have posted that.

Cheers --- Larry
  10. That's what I did. While the page I posted seems to be really small, and many original drawings, it's really hard to tell. The site this page is semi-associated with, however, is full of pirated stuff. Much egg on my face as I hadn't fully investigated the site when I posted the link.

Cheers --- Larry
  11. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Ya know...

I have spent countless hours surfing the web looking for models. Then I found this place and spent many more hours reading the threads on here. To find a site that I haven't come across yet is rare and exciting. The desire to share it is great.
    But, a response like this is discouraging. I try to make sure I don't post something that has been posted already, but with all the pages of threads this is bound to happen. I also try to do a search before posting, but it seems to me that the search function has alot of limitations.
    Glad to see an elite veteran post a pirate site in this thread. Made me feel a little better. Surprized nobdy ripped your head off for doing it.
  12. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

I agree with Rick's response, after all, *you* are apparently new enough to model hunting not to have seen ss42 before, I'm sure there are others who haven't either. As for the pirate site, mistakes happen. I know there are other places where posting that *will* get your figurative head ripped off. I'm just sorry I didn't get to see the site in question before the link was removed. I check them out when I hear of them to see if any of my own models are there (none so far, must not be good enough to steal yet :grin:)

Scott K.
  13. I understand why you're a bit upset over the response you got to your post. I think I would be as well. I only want to correct one thing. The pirate site was posted by me, a wet-behind-the-ears newbie, not an 'elite' anyone.

Cheers --- Larry
  14. Willja67

Willja67 Member

If it's any consolation I hadn't seen this site yet.
  15. thewoodengraver

It's difficult for me to reply with so much mud on my face, but again, please accept my apologies.

I was not trying to be a jerk, or a know-it-all, I was joking and I did not think about how this may have affected you until it was brought to my attention.

I feel really horrible, now.:cry:
  16. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

no problem

I just see this sort of response more often than I think I should. If someone kept posting sites everyone knows about, I could see a public spanking. But, let's all try to be nice.
  17. I think this is the important thing here. With all the people looking at these threads, it's hard to imagine that any posted URL wouldn't be new to someone.

Cheers --- Larry
  18. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Ok guys, what say we let this thread die now? Everything that must be said has been said.

This is my last post on it at any rate.
  19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I pretty much SCOURED this forum for it's great links. It can take days to go through the links here and branch off from their respective links.

Once you have done this. It's pretty easy to see repetitive links here.
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Public spankings? Hmmm..... :D heh heh

I hadnt seen it before either - thanks!

Didnt someone here make one of this link type pages and post a generic logon username and password? If that was kept up to date and stickied it would be mighty helpful :)