P40M Modelart

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by maybaygiay, Jan 8, 2007.

1. maybaygiay

maybaygiay Member

This is my first model :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attached Files:

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

YOUR FIRST?!?!?!? sweet! nice job and welcome to the fold - glad to have ya here!
  3. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

That is an EXCELLENT first model! Even the canopy is first rate, and that's a difficult task! Keep 'em coming...

4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Great first build! Is it the printed version or the downloaded one?
  5. maybaygiay

maybaygiay Member

Yes! this is my first model. i live in Vietnam, my friend study in Germany buy this model and scan on computer. after he send to me by email. I receid and print and .... built:)
  6. sakrison

sakrison Member

Excellent work for a first model. Keep building.
    We generally frown on copying and sharing published models. That's against copyright laws.
    Check out http://www.ss42.com/toys.html for lots of free downloadable models.

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to more of your work.
  7. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Shame that such a great first model is soured by pirate activity, no printed model should be copied and given to someone else, only if you own the model can you scan it and build the copy yourself. The owner of Modelart is a member on this forum and I fear he will not be happy to hear of pirate copies of his models. Sorry to get heavy there but we need to protect the designers otherwise they pack their bags and leave, great job on the building though.
  8. Paperart

Paperart New Member

Hey guys seeing this thread on the forums made me register an account just to put in my thoughts about this. Our hobby as paper modellers is a form of art and the people that make these models I consider to be artists. Artists do their art because they love it, not because it makes them money. If I was an paper modeller and I saw an excellent build such as this one of my work I couldn't be more happy. Sure if someone bought my model and made a free link of it on the internet I would be pretty angry but all that this poster and his friend did was share together a great piece of art which is now posted on the forums for all of us to enjoy. I'm sure if I was a airplane person I would definately go to Modelart to purchase my kit because they are great designers as I can see from these pictures the poster has put up. To the people of Modelart I just hope you see it as free advertisement for your great models. At the end of the day what we do is a hobby and what fun is a hobby if it's not shared with your friends.
  9. maybaygiay

maybaygiay Member

As you know,in Viet Nam, it is difficult to buy a model. and my friend, he is vietnamese,too. He buys and scans model but he doesn't built it. he doesn't like cardmodel but i love model. We scan because CIF to VN is not cheap, as you know. And I want to buy a CD of modelart, modelik... but everything have to CIF:( :( :(
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Then that's cool............. as long as he doesn't build it and someone paid for it's not piracy.

Great job by the way...........
  11. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Yep I agree there, I am curious to know why you can't buy the downloadable models in Vietnam though? that would save a great headache.
  12. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

Email me off list. I sent you an email about some models you have been given as a gift. These are ready for delivery.

13. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

DeWayne, everytime I see that avatar it reminds me o' when I used to do the war for Southern Indepedence re-enactments. I was wit' the 2nd Noth' Carolina infantry, the color bearer, armed wit' a brace o' Colt Walker pistols, an' one heavy mother of a flag.
  14. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Ted, Did you live down here in the south in the past?

This photo makes me think of one of those things I did one year at the Pavillion at the beach. DeWayne, is this actually you in the avatar?

15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Maybaygiay, go ahead with your modeling pursuit. And remember to post pics.
    Great P40 by the way!
  16. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Yes, stationed at Charlestown briefly, spent summers with my uncle in South Carolina, can't remember the town, almost married a 3rd time to a bell from Dothan, Alabama, who moved to Panama city, Fl. We were going to live at the Georgia , Tennesee? border at a gap/valley, my geography and memory fails me, there was a family practice oppurtunity there but our engagement fell thru and I didn't have the desire to move and leave emergency medicine. Part of the interview process was to visit some of the battlefields in the area. I was surprised and disappointed I didn't have to whistle Dixie! I've been trying to get my current (3rd better half?) to move down below the Manson/Nixon line but she's a philly girl and won't have it. Maybe when we retire...
  17. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

PS sorry MAybaygiay for temporarlily high jacking your thread!
  18. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Very nice gesture DeWayne! :)
  19. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

Another member is the benefactor, I am just the delivery boy. If he wishes to come forward then that is his decision.

I now return you to your normally scheduled program and also apologize for the interruption.