P2K GP7 Help...

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Hey,

Real quick. I just bought the Life-Like Proto 2000 Series GP7, ATSF Zebra Stripe # 2655.

I was so excited, as this will make a perfect branchline match to my 2-8-0!

Problem is, I very carefully take it out of the box and read the instructions. I followed them. But when I tried to put the shell on, it doesn't go down all the way. (Yes, I took the coupler packets off.)

I mean, it goes on, but it doesn't completely go down, but instead it like wibble-wabbles (for lack of a better word)... :rolleyes:

I leveled a ruler on the top of the inside mechanism, and it is almost level. The DC plug is sticking up just a tad above the rest of the chasis. Is that the problem? I can't push it down any further...

I am also planning to get the Digitraxx DCC plug for the engine soon, once it comes into my hobby shop, if that means anything.

Help! I really wanted to get this running today on my DC circle of track!

Thanks in advance....

trainwhiz20

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
It osunds like the electronics is sticking up a tad. I'm going to install dcc on mine and I think you will need a special plug to fit the p2k circuit board without making the electronics taller. Make sure all of the components on the circuit board lay down as much as possible.

F

Fred_M

Lifelike has a nice tech support and warranty program. They offer support over the phone or by email. You will find their phone number on the papers that came with the loco. They would be my first choice on who to ask questions such as this. Fred

Jon Grant

Jun 6, 2004
Sunderland UK
www.railimages.com
The newer GP7's have 2 posts under the long hood walkway, roughly in the middle of the loco that fit into holes in the chassis. there are 2 screws which are then inserted - after removing the fuel tank - that keep everything together. If you don't get the posts in the holes properly, it will 'wibble-wabble'.

Hope this sorts it.

Jon

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Thanks guys.

John got me. I didn't realize the screws weren't in properly. My fault. Oh well, I'd rather ask questions that jamming down on the shell with a hammer and breaking it.:thumb:

Now it works perfect! What a beautiful loco!

Now I need to prep myself for the DCC installation...

Thanks again!

trainwhiz20